Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im having some issues with my audio in my 02 TRAILBLAZER. The front right speaker has only treble, and the right rear speaker has nothing at all. I took my truck to the local chevy dealer and they told me i needed a new radio, no big deal. Got a new radio but still have the same problem. The guys at ABC (where my new radio came from) told me that the radio was never an issue, but rather a factory amp somewhere in the truck, which the dealer didnt mention at all. So my question to any who know is, where is the factory amp located if at all there, or has anyone else had the same issue and how did you solved it? Only having half my speakers is driving me nuts!!!!!

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
My sig applies to all of the people that provided advise.

These trucks only have an external amp if the radio is a Bose.

I'll guess that you don't have a Bose, but it should say on the faceplate, or on the display when powered up.

So, my suggestion is that you have 2 blown speakers. The treble/midrange is working on one door, nothing is working on the other.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Look in your gve box. There's a series of codes on the door. If UQA is there, you have the bose amp. If so, on most it's located in the rear - under the side panel, and behind the rear wheel well. (use the search for 'bose amp')

In the articles section, it tells how to remove the door panels. Do that and take the working speaker and plug it in where the non working one is - that'll tell you if it's the speaker or not.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
if you had a factory amp there it would be in the passesnger side rear in the trunk area behind the pannels. Assuming they installed your radio correctly and you have the exact same problem as you had before then the problem would be your amp. You can test it by using the side that you know works and switching it with the wires for the side that do not work. If it is the amp you would have to connect the input wires on the amp to the output wires of the amp bypassing the amp. There may be guides available but if not you can use a battery and try to pop the speakers but they may take a long time figuiring out all the speakers. Look for wires twisted together which usually indicates a speaker wire. I used to know the colors but they follow gm colors( used the same colors for wires for audio for some odd years now)for the most part. If you do a search for it you may find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts