Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the deal. Im rebuilding my system. The new setup is two 18" audio que subs about 115lbs, amps about 85lbs, three batts about 180lbs, and a double baffle all around box totaling 11 cubes, with fiberglass(Dont know the weight, but it fills the trunk and is above the back seats). My question is im sure someones got a large system like this, n i am concerned about the wieght. Its in a basic tb no assist ride air suspension. What are the options to handle the weight(what have you done). Thanks

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
dnt need any real suspension upgrades...if yu want though yu could switch to Z71 springs in the rear to stiffen it up, but its not needed

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
You should be fine for a while, I dont think Martin(Sleepyjr) or Andrew(May03lt) are having any problems with thiers. Sleepy also has 2 audio que's on 4k ea with 4 dekka's, andrew was running 2 dc level 4's on 2k ea with 2 optimas. I am only running one dc level 5 18 on4k with 2 pc 2150 batteries, but my rear suspension is air.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
you can go to stiffer springs, but most will lift the vehicle. That may not be what you want.

I would say run it stock, and see if it sags too much. If so, consider some airlift 1000 bags.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
I think Nate is the only guy who beefed up the suspension:undecided
i take offense to that remark. I am using z71 springs to keep from dragging ass. The eibach 2" drop springs in the rear didn't like the additional 600+lbs of stereo I put on it:D I can take measurements later and let you know the wheel well height when i get a chance

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should be fine for a while, I dont think Martin(Sleepyjr) or Andrew(May03lt) are having any problems with thiers. Sleepy also has 2 audio que's on 4k ea with 4 dekka's, andrew was running 2 dc level 4's on 2k ea with 2 optimas. I am only running one dc level 5 18 on4k with 2 pc 2150 batteries, but my rear suspension is air.

Im running the same setup as sleepy lol. Minus one deca batt, and different amps. The fourth is not needed im sitting no lower then 13.5 at a stop. And thanks in not on bump stops just yet but i will see how long the suspension can hold up with all this weight bouncing around....

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
662 Posts
I have two 18" Nightshades in a 10^3 box (@ 32hz) with two Sundown SAZ-3500D's and 4 stinger spv 70s in the rear, no upgrades in the back, but it does look dropped.. haha.

It looks to be about even with the front now, maybe a bit lower, so a drop in the front will definitely make the truck look great.

I need to do some performance upgrades if I keep the truck, all the weight slows down the vehicle a lot!

Hopefully I won't have that problem with my SS in the future :D

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
I have two 18" Nightshades in a 10^3 box (@ 32hz) with two Sundown SAZ-3500D's and 4 stinger spv 70s in the rear, no upgrades in the back, but it does look dropped.. haha.

It looks to be about even with the front now, maybe a bit lower, so a drop in the front will definitely make the truck look great.

I need to do some performance upgrades if I keep the truck, all the weight slows down the vehicle a lot!

Hopefully I won't have that problem with my SS in the future :D
did you see that guy on caraudio who put a 16 cf box in his trailvoy

:/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.