Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo Summer is coming up and we had a really hot day here on Monday(105)

So i had the A/C on full blast and noticed that the TB was SUPER sluggish and slow. i know that the A/C does rob power but im shocked at how much...

could my Compressor be Bad? and causing more resistance on the belts ??

Any input would be great.

Thx

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
At 105 degrees and the A/C on full, was the fan roaring. Lots of drag from that.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
sounds like the truck was working overtime to keep both the engine and yourself cool, but probably typical for a 105 degree drive.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
i would say tha the fan clutch may have been engaged on full on.
when the fan clutch fails- and is sounding like a semi--- most people report a the feeling of engine being bogged down...

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Dude......... sorry, IMO, that is not normal.

These trucks have big power, more than enough to overcome the ac running on high.

Mt suggestion, clean the throttle body with the battery disconnected.
When the battery is reconnected, the PCM will have reset to factory specs.
Factory spec PCM, clean throttle body should resolve your problem.

After you have done the above, drive it for a few days and the PCM will relearn your driving habits. If you are still having problems, you might want to have the PCM re-flashed. The new parms will improve things like fan engagement.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts

These trucks have big power, more than enough to overcome the ac running on high.

After you have done the above, drive it for a few days and the PCM will relearn your driving habits. If you are still having problems, you might want to have the PCM re-flashed. The new parms will improve things like fan engagement.
:iagree: I often drive out to desert and on to Phoenix and other parts of Arizona. I have never noticed a major power change. As a matter of fact - my best MPG is usually in the 110 - 115 degree heat.

Fortunately, the heat wave that came through here for a few days is gone. We went from the daytime high of low 70's to 105 in a couple of days.
It's nice to be back in the upper 60's/low 70's again!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thx for the suggestions but i dont think my throttle body could get any cleaner, Even if Chuck Norris Tried !!! Ive even cleaned inside the Intake Manifold.
I like to keep all parts and pieces on my baby Spotless.
I also have a PCMforless Tune.

Soooo... IDK

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
when my truck's first fan clutch went bad (stuck on me driving back when it was my dads truck) it honestly didn't lose all that much power so something else is to blame. But that's just my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts