Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced all front end parts including brakes and had these left over. They look like something I’ve seen before but not sure what. Anybody recognize the parts and are they anything critical?
Automotive tire Sports equipment Guitar accessory Tints and shades Font
Automotive tire Sports equipment Guitar accessory Tints and shades Font

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,765 Posts
I believe those are the clips/gizmos to hold the parking brake shoe in place.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that makes sense. Son was opening boxes and handing me parts as I needed them. I replaced upper and lower control arms, ball joints, spring/struts, axles, stabilizer bushings and end links, rotor’s, calipers and brake hoses. New brake hoses in the rear and unfortunately a new caliper for the right rear. I haven’t had a bleeder screw that tight since I was a kid, back when there were no calipers and the brake cylinders hat bleeder screws so small that they would just break off.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,720 Posts
They don't break off 'cause they're small .... they break off 'cause they are rusted in place. Were the little rubber caps on the end?

If you exercise them once in a while, they'll last longer.

Be sure to put a service note to yourself to open/close them every other oil change.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,I’ll keep that in mind. Couldn’t even break the one off on the caliper, it just wouldn’t turn and after three days of installing new parts I just wanted to be done.
I was referring to the old cylinders on drum brakes that had threads smaller than a grease fitting. Yes the caps were on.
This is a great site for information on one of the better designs from GM. I retired from GM so that’s all I buy.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,720 Posts
Did you know that you can still bleed the calipers ... or even wheel cylinders ... with a rusted in bleeder?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,720 Posts
..... and what did you find?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would still rather replace a caliper with a inoperative bleeder screw but that’s me. I don’t worry about the cost of parts when I don’t have to pay for labor.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,720 Posts
That's your entitlement --- and I'll back you up if you go that way --- I was just thinking $$$ for ya .... that's all.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,720 Posts
And I appreciate the sentiment.
I have nothing but respect for you and others that offer your time and experience so someone with a issue has a place to get answers.
Thank-you.

Ya gotta be careful with me writing an answer though --- I tend to write lengthy diatribes and add a little sidebar information too.

Some people appreciate it --- some don't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts