Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Envoy, its in perfect condition for a 2004 with only 35,000 miles. But I have always hated the door emblems. The font for the 04 was dated by 05. I have noticed the newer, 08 09s have newer sleeker emblems. So today I purchased three 09 emblems and changed them out! What a project! That glue is designed to stick to the door until the end of time for sure. I don't have any pics of the before, but below are some afters....if you want to see the change go outside and look at your older model Envoy and you will see.

It's the small things that really make a difference on the Envoy! :yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
just replace the thick molding on the doors with the chrome strips it would look like an '06!:D

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I just saw an Envoy with that look I thought they may have did a custom. It does look cool, but I like the idea I thought up.....
I am mixing the '02 look with the '06 look.

I replaced the brushed dull metal inside the side molding with a chrome strip and I will put a Chrome ENVOY above it like an '06. I will be installing this Sunday hopefully. So I will have pics of it on the car instead of on the floor.

This is a cool look though and is not hard at all to do HOWEVER be WARNED, start taking out the center strip from opposite where the ENVOY is because under the words ENVOY they used 1inch wide double sided strips of tape and you will break several pieces of fishing line trying to cut through it ;)
I used a butter knife as I was not really concerned with scratching it because I knew I was going to put the chrome over it. I just scuffed it a little, your setup with some touch up paint and the new emblem over it would cover it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.