Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this a project I have been working on for a while now...I'm currently in the process of converting my 2005 Ext LS into a "Ext SS." Sort of an odd idea but it's something I have always wanted to do. Currently I have the moldings off. I still need to order the front and rear bumpers...but for the rocker panels...what should i do? i want them to be body color and smooth...is this possible? as far as the engine and interior goes up not quite there yet haha.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
996 Posts
LOL... were doing the same project. Im keeping an eye out for the SS bumpers, upgrading the brakes, and misc odds n ends. im currently getting all the parts for my drop. I already removed the running boards, roof rack, moldings, and badging.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
115 Posts
you're forgetting the most important part of the SS conversion. that little thingy that seperates the SS from the rest of the trailvoy family; i think it's called a 6.0 engine. I know i'm an a$s.:D

·
Northwest Chapter
11,917 Posts
you're forgetting the most important part of the SS conversion. that little thingy that seperates the SS from the rest of the trailvoy family; i think it's called a 6.0 engine. I know i'm an a$s.:D
Haha true man, but he's got an EXT with the 5.3 so changing it to a 6L wouldnt be that hard, just get it stroked to 6L. Its almost the same block, should be the same bore just a shorter stroke for the 5.3 vs 6.0. But I might have that backwards, cant remember if you need a stroker crank to go from 5.3->6.0 or if you need new pistons and it bored out.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
115 Posts
I know the owners of four different auto scrap yards. I'm constantly on them to call me as soon as an ss with a good engine comes in. I want to be the first Denali SS on the road

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
167 Posts
I know the owners of four different auto scrap yards. I'm constantly on them to call me as soon as an ss with a good engine comes in. I want to be the first Denali SS on the road
I will take take your engine if you get the ss motor, I would love to swap over to v8 just trying to research what it will take and how much different it is from the I6, electronic wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.