Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this a project I have been working on for a while now...I'm currently in the process of converting my 2005 Ext LS into a "Ext SS." Sort of an odd idea but it's something I have always wanted to do. Currently I have the moldings off. I still need to order the front and rear bumpers...but for the rocker panels...what should i do? i want them to be body color and smooth...is this possible? as far as the engine and interior goes up not quite there yet haha.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
LOL... were doing the same project. Im keeping an eye out for the SS bumpers, upgrading the brakes, and misc odds n ends. im currently getting all the parts for my drop. I already removed the running boards, roof rack, moldings, and badging.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
you're forgetting the most important part of the SS conversion. that little thingy that seperates the SS from the rest of the trailvoy family; i think it's called a 6.0 engine. I know i'm an a$s.:D

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
you're forgetting the most important part of the SS conversion. that little thingy that seperates the SS from the rest of the trailvoy family; i think it's called a 6.0 engine. I know i'm an a$s.:D
Haha true man, but he's got an EXT with the 5.3 so changing it to a 6L wouldnt be that hard, just get it stroked to 6L. Its almost the same block, should be the same bore just a shorter stroke for the 5.3 vs 6.0. But I might have that backwards, cant remember if you need a stroker crank to go from 5.3->6.0 or if you need new pistons and it bored out.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
I know the owners of four different auto scrap yards. I'm constantly on them to call me as soon as an ss with a good engine comes in. I want to be the first Denali SS on the road

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
164 Posts
I know the owners of four different auto scrap yards. I'm constantly on them to call me as soon as an ss with a good engine comes in. I want to be the first Denali SS on the road
I will take take your engine if you get the ss motor, I would love to swap over to v8 just trying to research what it will take and how much different it is from the I6, electronic wise.

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
410 Posts
Best way to do this is to find an SS wrecked hard in the rear, use all the parts you need, and sell the rest. You never know the parts that you will say may end up paying for the wrecked SS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts