Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my EXT at the local dealership (DIVER CHEVY), for a tranny leak. They replaced the front gaskets and or seals. The EXT is back there now for another tranny leak. They jsut called me to tell me that the EXT will sit til later this week when a GM inspector is coming to check it out. Why is a GM inspector insisting on looking at this issue? Is this normal, or does it sound like im gonna get burned? I dont have any mods etc, im kinda lost why they want to inspect it now. The last time it was in they fixed it and I had it back in 2 days.:worried::worried:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh really.... im been sweating up a storm over here, pretty certain im gonna get scre*ed by them. i just want it fixed, if i can get a new trans that would be cool.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
If anyone was to get the heat from the inspector, it'd be the dealer, not you. Do you have some sort of extended warranty?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i bought the TB from them as a gm certified, so i got there extended warranty. so far ive only had to pay the $50. deductible per visit. its been in i think about 5-6 times in the past year for some crazy stuff. the warranty is well beyond paying for itself.

i also have an 06 pontiac g6. and it just got out of the shop having both front struts, mounts, and the steering rack replaced. so far im loving the gm extended warranties, the crysler extended i had on my 300m was horrible.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the dealer called today. told me the inspector gave them the OK to open up the trans. the tech advisor told me i had to give a verbal ok, for them to open it up. i asked why and he gave me this line about "well if its not warranty then i have to pay the diagnostic charges". :ugh: Hopefully I find out something tomorrow.

They covered the initial leak under my warranty, what do you think the odds are that they dont cover me now? it was first in about 2 weeks ago for the trans leak.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer told me today the TB should be done sometime next week. :mad: that means i have to deal with the Chevy HHR til then. I dont like this HHR thing too much. Hopefully ill have good news come next week.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
A neighbor of mine had a similar issue with his TB. End up being the torque converter was throwing metal shavings into the pump and seals. His truck had less than 20k miles on it.:no:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I GOT AN UPDATE...... They called this morning, and told me that the pump inside the trans was leaking. They said they are fixing that and should be done tomorrow. :woohoo::woohoo:

I do have a question though. If the pump is INSIDE the trans, how can the fluid leak out of the trans? I dont know trans at all, just wondering. Im just happy to get the EXT back after a week + in a HHR.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
IIRC the pump isn't totally inside the trans. With the torque converter out you can see the pump. Anyone feel free to disagree.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
IIRC the pump isn't totally inside the trans. With the torque converter out you can see the pump. Anyone feel free to disagree.
I believe that's correct. Hopefully they figure out why the pump was leaking though. Wonder if they found any metal shavings?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
20 Posts
If they said the pump was leaking, it could have been that the pump itself had a weak casting. Fluid would have been seeping through the pump. Seen it before really no big deal to fix, it just involves replacing the pump. Glad they fixed it though

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, i got it back last night. i forgot to bring the paperwork to work with me, so bear with me and my descriptions. they told me they had to pull apart the pump, and replace all gasket/gasket material. then they resealed something else pertaining to the pump. they told me the initial leak was from the two halves of the pump not being sealed correctly.

Does this make sense? i have no idea about the trans issues. Im just really happy to be out of the HHR.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
62 Posts
The pump is right in the front of the tranny. If it's leaking, I suspect that's where it would leak.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The pump is right in the front of the tranny. If it's leaking, I suspect that's where it would leak.
ok, it kinda makes sense now. the first time it went into the dealer, they said it was leaking in the front area. so they replaced the front seals/gaskets. guess they just replaced the wrong gaskets that time. hopefully this situation is finished.

And again, DIVER CHEVY stays in good standings with me.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Lets hope it don't cut down the life of your tranny,could be a fix to last until warranty ends, not to panic you but just my un-trusting way of thinking!:m2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts