Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know, how many of you that are using HPT are experienced tuners, and how many of you are first timers. I would like to tune my own computers, but dont want to screw them up.:undecided

·
HP Tuners
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
37 Posts
Take your time to learn the scanner/editor software, don't be afraid to ask others questions when you get stuck and you will be fine. Most people who have never tuned before usually find a 3-4 week learning curve to become proficient. -Ken

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Take your time to learn the scanner/editor software, don't be afraid to ask others questions when you get stuck and you will be fine. Most people who have never tuned before usually find a 3-4 week learning curve to become proficient. -Ken
I agree, it takes a few weeks to get the hang of it, but then you begin to realize what each selection does. Remember, only change 1 thing at a time to begin with.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
178 Posts
I am a first time tuner.. It took me about 3-4 weeks.. Maybe less thanks in large to a helpful forum member. Don't be afraid to dive in.. So much better than sending your ECM/TCM out everytime you get a mod.. Its nice to test new stuff out on the dyno too.. Like TM on/off.. 25%, 50%. whatever.. most people don't have that luxury.

I must say I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that I would have to send my VCM out for the ADM e-fan kit. I do not understand why HP-Tuners cannot make the necessary changes for such a kit. :confused: Not a big deal right now.. I'm sure they'll be a work around.

·
Banned
126 Posts
I must say I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that I would have to send my VCM out for the ADM e-fan kit. I do not understand why HP-Tuners cannot make the necessary changes for such a kit. :confused: Not a big deal right now.. I'm sure they'll be a work around.
Get an LS1 fan, wire up 1 fan to be on with the key, then wire the other up to a temp controller or toggle switch and turn off the fan codes with HP Tuners. I am in the process of trying this, so I'll update as soon as I get done.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
178 Posts
Get an LS1 fan, wire up 1 fan to be on with the key, then wire the other up to a temp controller or toggle switch and turn off the fan codes with HP Tuners. I am in the process of trying this, so I'll update as soon as I get done.
Woo hoo, thanks! Blaze the trail so to speak. I want to go with something ECM controlled. I know for sure that at least once, I would leave the secondary fan on and drain my battery. Excuse my potentially nubbish question, (how) is the fan tied in with the A/C?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
221 Posts
How'd this work out for you? I know it has been successfully done before with LS1 fans, and I'd like to try it myself...

Woo hoo, thanks! Blaze the trail so to speak. I want to go with something ECM controlled. I know for sure that at least once, I would leave the secondary fan on and drain my battery. Excuse my potentially nubbish question, (how) is the fan tied in with the A/C?
Here's a delayed answer (1 year later). The PCM kicks in the electric clutch (factory) or e-fan (as discussed here) as needed to keep your A/C cold. There are usually different tables in HPTuners for A/C fan control than for normal cooling when tuning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts