Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Exhaust

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mustang_eater 
#1 ·
i want to get some sound out of my straight six....what is the easiest way to do that?? can i just take out the resonator and put a pipe in place of it?? or how is the easiest way to put a flowmaster muffler on it?? thanks

#4 ·
the muffler/exhaust system on the i6 is already free flowing, so you arent going to really gain any power by adding a flowmaster, etc. however, just removing the resonator and putting straight pipe and a nice tip will give you a nice little sound at an idle and while driving. the cabin stays quiet, and you get the sound that only a mother could love. and cheap! check out my pics, i have one of my tip.

#11 ·
its much simpler than it sounds. type in "resonator delete" or "resonator removal" in the search function, and youll get much more info and pics in some threads there. but yes, there is like a half inch to play with between the hanger and the resonator, use that to attach your straight pipe after hacking the res. can... then pick a nice stainless steel tip, and enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.