Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i have a 05 tb i6 ext. i want to put a exhust on her but dont knowwhich one i want to mske a custom dual exhaust setup exiting from the rear. now my delema is i dont want a loud interior siound i have two lil girls but i want it to grunt a nice tone. i have a 60 camaro with flowmasters but its loud. any suggestions. i know anything above stock and adding a additional muffler gets louder but i like the aggression aspect and i hate the ricer sounds . thanks for all your help and if there is anything else i can do to get more hp out of it let me know thanks all

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
i think someone added a 50 series flowmaster and like the sound, because it was much quieter than the 40 series. a lot of members complain that exhaust upgrades create a wicked ricer sound. for the money, the best thing you can do is cut off the resonator and create a straight pipe out the back with a nice tip, or have it split and have a faux dual look. it can be done for about 50 bucks depending on the tip(s) you buy...or a case of beer if you go to my mechanic, haha.

and for horsepower via exhaust... the muffler is already very free flowing, so i dont imagine youll gain anything at all by adding a different muffler/exhaust, without creating backpressure issues and throwing a code. CAI is nice for a little kick, or a pcmforless PCM.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
:iagree:
You're not going to pick up more than a few hp with a catback, I got mine because my stock muffler was leaking so rather than have it replaced I had a 3" custom setup made with a 5x8x24 Magnaflow muffler. BIG mistake, sounded like a Civic all the time except with more noise because we have a bigger engine. Above 3k rpms the drone inside was deafening (even with a glasspack) so after a while I got the Magnaflow dual catback setup. MUCH better, this is the perfect exhaust for the I6 IMHO. Nice mellow sound when cruising and under 3k rpms, but put your foot into it and it definitely lets you know its not stock. Coupled with an intake, and yea, it sounds like a V8.

For you I would say just cut the resonator off the back and have a tip welded up ($50ish) or have a 3" system made that has both a large main muffler and a resonator at the rear ($400ish probably). Or buy the Borla (1000) or Magnaflow (800) catback systems that sound good.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree:
Or buy the Borla (1000) or Magnaflow (800) catback systems that sound good.
The magnaflows for sure will not fit on the EXT TB or the Envoy XL.......the magnaflows are only for the standard wheel base models.....just an fyi......

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys so the resignator is what peeks from the muffler right ?

Now for styling i want one of thoses rear bumper tubuklar guards you know the ones that completly cover the bumber but are like 2 inch in diameter and are one piece that hugs he bumper like one big oval lol im lost i know nothing lol thanks again

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
the resonator is the trash can looking monstrosity that peeks out from the rear passenger side wheel well.

not sure what kind of guard youre talking about, post pics of a link to clearify?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts