Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
318 Posts
smokinjoe486 said:
Hey guys, I just went out today and took out the stock muffler and and resonater and put a flowmaster muffler on.. Its realllll loud for single exit exhaust!:D
Glad you like it, but that's exactly why I don't want to change mine out. I think it sounds just about perfect and I don't want any more noise. More flow, more hp would be cool, but not louder, not for me.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I'm gonna try to unbolt the pipe after the muffler to see how it sounds. I just don't want my dad to catch me doing it :crazy:

·
Banned
963 Posts
my truck came innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

anyways ill be picking it up on wednesday and ill cut the resonator off at the dealership ill tell you guys how it sounds!!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Sweet !!! Don't tell us HOW it sounds, record an audio clip :thumbsup:

·
Banned
963 Posts
no problem. im going to a friends shop next weekend hopefully to start the exhaust. my main thing is that i want a center/center muffler where the stock one is but i think the way the trucks are set up we have to gett offset/center exit mufflers. I know center/center will flow better.

i talked to magnaflow they said the 4x9 is a loud muffer. Im going with the 5x8 muffler and its a 18 inch case length/ 24 inches overall length. im going to see how that sounds. If its to quiet ill prob go with a 14 inch case length/20 inch overall. I just want it to sound good and i know magnaflows dont really drone like flowmasters or many others.

if i can id like to go with a 14/20 muffler in the back of the truck with the tip attached to it but it might be a lot louder since im using such a small muffler and with a 3 inch mandrel bent pipe might not be a smooth transition. Well ill see how it goes

tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts