Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 03 tb 4.2 and i think the cat was a little plugged up and i may replace soon. I dont like how whiney the car is, if that makes sense. I have an exhause rattle . What is the best route? Should replace the whole exhaust system for a better[ louder] sound? Or just remove the resonantr

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
75 Posts
Take it to shop and get it checked out.
I just picked up an '08 Envoy with a 5.3 last Tuesday. Had it on the muffler shop hoist Wednesday afternoon checking it out. We will rebuild from the Y back with a big Flo-Pro muffler (3" in/3" out) and a resonator delete. About $250 for the new system and it will definitely make some noise... :) I am waiting for the stainless tips to come in from Amazon...
Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know how it works out. I dont have the money atm. Id rather diagnose this myself if i can. Not finding any backpressure kits to rent. Your not replaceing the cat? Would u consider flowmaster cats? Also wouldnt it need a reprogramming if the resonant is removed, due to increase of exhaust flow?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
75 Posts
Any good shop will not charge to diagnose. Didn't cost me a dime for them to lift it up and check it out. :)
The cats on the 5.3 are in the y right after the manifolds. I won't do anything with them until I put headers on then I'll just delete them.
Doing anything after the last O2 sensor will not require a tune. I am planning to get a new tune from PCM anyway so that is kind of a given in this case.
Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cats as in 2? I suppose its worth a shot, ill call around . Cars been running better latley, im not to worried atm. Just want a louder sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts