Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea on what to do with my exhaust when i do the RES. delete. My main question is, should i go with a Resonated on NONRes tip? i found a magnaflow tip for $70. and it is resonated. they have something similar for about $20. less which is non-resonated. which should i choose? from what ive read etc, the resonated will be quieter, but is it needed?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
not needed, in fact.. they just look as if they are larger for the sake of having a resonator, not sure if its actually effective since you'll be removing a significantly larger chamber resonator. i would just go with the non-resonated.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, sounds like ill save a few bucks and get a NON-RES tip. now my only problem is the local shops are retarded and they are saying they cant do what i want.( too custom) i was gonna do the body cutting, just need them to bend pipe and do 2 welds

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Do yourself a favor and talk to the guy doing the work, not the shop manager. Seems to me mechanics are ambitious when it comes to trying new things, especially when you go to the shop at the end of the day and the boss is gone already.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
what kind of pipe bending are you going to have done? if you chop the resonator and leave the hanger thats right next to it - on the side facing the front of the truck - you wont need but 18 inches of straight pipe or so, depending on how long your tip is.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
no intention and thread jacking here, just a quick question because it fits nicely into the title of this thread.

im doin the delete asap, just gotta buy the tip and take it to the shop. Im going with a weld-on tip. the one i want is 2.25" ID in...will this size work? I know some people have used 2.5 and 2.75 so im not sure if the smaller diameter will make a clean weld to the pipe extension. just need a quick answer before I buy it from ebay. Thanks!

-CUBE-

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no intention and thread jacking here, just a quick question because it fits nicely into the title of this thread.

im doin the delete asap, just gotta buy the tip and take it to the shop. Im going with a weld-on tip. the one i want is 2.25" ID in...will this size work? I know some people have used 2.5 and 2.75 so im not sure if the smaller diameter will make a clean weld to the pipe extension. just need a quick answer before I buy it from ebay. Thanks!

-CUBE-
my tip will prob be a 2.25" also, shouldnt be a problem. i talked to a shop today and they said no problem doing my work. hes a little concerned about some clearance issues though. it sucks that i dont want to talk about the setup too much i wanted it to be a surprise but the secret will come out tomorrow at the Delaware Meet. I need suggestions etc.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what kind of pipe bending are you going to have done? if you chop the resonator and leave the hanger thats right next to it - on the side facing the front of the truck - you wont need but 18 inches of straight pipe or so, depending on how long your tip is.
im doing a side exit with a slight twist.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
my tip will prob be a 2.25" also, shouldnt be a problem. i talked to a shop today and they said no problem doing my work. hes a little concerned about some clearance issues though. it sucks that i dont want to talk about the setup too much i wanted it to be a surprise but the secret will come out tomorrow at the Delaware Meet. I need suggestions etc.

Thanks man. guess ill go ahead and order it.
not sure what you mean...suggestions for what?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i need atleast one other persons input about my idea before i do it. (dont have the money to fix if i mess it up) And ill see them at the Delaware meet, so thats what i meant. the post was originally about what i needed for a tip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.