Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
Finally got around to removing my rusted out and rattling resonator. Here are some pics and a few details about what I did.

I decided to go with a side exit exhaust but I also wanted to keep as much of it hidden behind the bumper as possible. After removing the resonator, I cut about a 2 inch section out of the over axle pipe to tuck it up closer to the frame rail, welded it back together, and changed the configuration of the stock hanger to re-use it.

I used a 90 degree mandrel bend from SLP Performance in place of the resonator and installed an SLP Performance Dual Chrome Tip from a 98-02 LS1 Camaro Loudmouth Kit.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
54 Posts
Just got my resonator off and put on a tip. Here is a couple pics,

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Those rectangular tips look like stock tips from a 4th gen Z28 Camaro. But personally, I don't think they would look good on your SS.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
$25 Resonator Delete

Found a 90 bent pipe at the local parts store, and see if you guess the brand of tip.:hahano:

The packing had come apart and was blocking the inlet, and that would account for the hissing sound that come on under accel around 4500. Now she runs way easier, not really any more power but it's working less for the same ouput. Couldn't be happier.

TECH TIP:::When removing the resonator, if you want to preserve as much length as possible downstream of the hanger, use a cold chisel and split the seam. There's about 1/2 inch of pipe sticking into the resonator and it was easy compared to trying get in close with a saw.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Nice Pics everyone!!

Just a quick question... Has anyone had any good experiences, have or know anyone that has a JBA Exhaust? I was set on a Magna Flow (single exhaust), then a friend told me about JBA... But, I never heard of them on an Envoy, I know a Mustang that has one.., never on a SUV....

I would like opinions or comments on it... I am still leaning toward MagnaFlow, but I was just curious...

Thanks Everyone!!:)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
202 Posts
Found a 90 bent pipe at the local parts store, and see if you guess the brand of tip.:hahano:

The packing had come apart and was blocking the inlet, and that would account for the hissing sound that come on under accel around 4500. Now she runs way easier, not really any more power but it's working less for the same ouput. Couldn't be happier.

TECH TIP:::When removing the resonator, if you want to preserve as much length as possible downstream of the hanger, use a cold chisel and split the seam. There's about 1/2 inch of pipe sticking into the resonator and it was easy compared to trying get in close with a saw.

nice exhuast tip.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice Pics everyone!!

Just a quick question... Has anyone had any good experiences, have or know anyone that has a JBA Exhaust? I was set on a Magna Flow (single exhaust), then a friend told me about JBA... But, I never heard of them on an Envoy, I know a Mustang that has one.., never on a SUV....

I would like opinions or comments on it... I am still leaning toward MagnaFlow, but I was just curious...

Thanks Everyone!!:)
a cuople of my friends have jba. one has it on their dodge dakota and the other has it on their envoy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
cut off the resonator, turned out the tip, and replaced the muffler with a aero chamber.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Cool action shot of you welding! Also love the coat hanger look downstream of the welding :bonk::raspberry

121 - 140 of 144 Posts