Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
nothing special....

but after i get my rack and pinion replaced tommorow im going to finally try to let my lift plans commence.

and when i do the new muffler ill add on something better for an exhaust

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
I just completed my first mod to the TB.
I installed an 18" chrome tip and removed the resonator. With the help from this site, it was easy. Looks great and sounds cool. A little growl like a Grand Am or Grand Prix but nothing obnoxious. Really glad I did it.
I'll post some pics tomorrow!! :yes:

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
I thought I posted in here but I guess not. Here is my Buick. I had the res removed and put on a tip from the camero.

Here is a couple days after buying her

Res gone and new tip

How she sits now ( paint added and new tails)

·
Premium Member
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
129 Posts
ok, I know there has been many Exhaust Tip Threads... usually 2-4 pictures make it up before it's forgotten. I'm hoping to make a difference with this one.

This included all tips found on TrailVoys, single or dual. There maybe some repeats of designs, but that's to give you an idea on how the design looks with different colors.

STOCK (Photo curtesy of JimmyJam)

Photo 1:

Photo 3:

Photo 4:

Photo 5:

Photo 6:

Photo 7:

Photo 8:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/ugotmale2day/BlkSS5.jpg
Photo 9:

Photo 10:
nice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
344 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
135 Posts
Finally got around to cutting the resonator off with a hacksaw and installing (welding) this on the way I wanted it:

Ractive 2½" Long Slant Rolled Edge Tip T246RE

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
873 Posts
Found this thread today.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
Damn it now I want either a full exhaust or tips grrr.. lol..

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
163 Posts
so i got a new tip on the tb but its not to pritty but have to wait for a welder to make it look better.
View attachment 16470

View attachment 16471

View attachment 16472

View attachment 16473
Wow yea man, just have someone at an exhaust shop hack off that rear muffler and run the tip on the pipe out the side or even the rear but up close to the bumper.

It is really no louder than stock. If anything all it does is add a deeper tone to stock... I don't notice unless I am at the rear of my truck or next to a wall/fence with my windows down, no music and going slow because the difference is almost none.

I cut mine off thinking it would sound a bit louder for a sporty sound, and I was dissapointed that it made no difference...

But yea get that thing gone and get the pipe up by the bumper and it will look 10000000000 times better :cool:

101 - 120 of 144 Posts