Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
236 Posts
hey what do ya know...my videos ended up posted for flowmaster 50 series. Its the blue TB in winter from Michigan. I'm so happy with my exhaust! just wanted to share...sorry:p;)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
86 Posts
I think that Bassani sounds the best :yes:

Anyone have a sound clip of what it sounds like outside the vehicle?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
164 Posts
I also think the bassani sounds the best too but i think its because it has 2 extra cylinders. I could be wrong actually i hope i am wrong and it is a 6cyl but i checked their website and the only model they have is for a 8cyl 5.3 so i dont think that clip is of a 6cyl. I am sure there is not much difference between the 6 and 8 cyl exhaust where its ran so it would technicly work but whos knows if anyone knows that trailvoy let us know I liked the sound it had.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
86 Posts
Well when you click on the Bassani Link in the address bar it says 02trailblazer, and I don't believe the TB had an optional V8 for this year. Please correct me if I am wrong. If it truly sounds like that with an I-6, I just might be getting an exhaust system from Bassani for Xmas!! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really want to know if the that was a Bassini.. Thats the best sound Ive heard for an I6 if it really is and I6.. Sounds like a V8 IMO... hope the mystery is solved soon..

I looked at Bassini.com and it shows they do have an exhuast for an 02 I6 Trailblazer. Part # 420205S / BX420205S :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
77 Posts
ok i just did the resanator delete and i have the k&n cai, and yes i know im resurecting a really old thread but i think this thread should be stickied

not sure exactly what a 'delete' is. i'm guessing it's just removed. did you just cut it off the rear end of the muffler? or am i not even close, hah still learnin

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
112 Posts
yeah its cutting off that big "muffler" like thing at the rear of the TB or envoy. i cut it off right before the axle right after the muffler

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Somebody on this board with a Bassani posted a video some time back, it sounds really sweet, but it was also VERY loud in the cab with lots of drone. I remember watching it and the only thing you could hear was the exhaust going down the street and that was with the video camera inside the truck. (Camera was pointed at the dash too).

Here's a better Borla clip, that I made one day on the way home last February. Engine is started 8 hours cold and involves mostly 25-40 mph speeds, including a couple of 'average' accelerations. http://www.mediafire.com/?bwtd2n2m2s9

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
106 Posts
well after hearing the sound clip of the magnaflow id have to say that pretty damn close to what mine sounds like. could be cause i have a magnaflow exhaust on my 02 tho so lol:D

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
that sounds awesome!!!... I WISH we could make the I6 sound like that...:worried:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i just went to bassani's website... do they still make that... cause it sounds awesomefor the I6

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
575 Posts
If you want to look around for yourself I have the part numbers for the I6 catback. It looks like they changed the tip design. Mine has the long slash cut resonated tip and the new ones appear to just be short non-resonated slash cut tip.

Aluminized: BX420205S
Stainless: 420205S

Here's a place that sells the stainless version:
http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=1022

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ehh for the money, i think i'll stick with my system for now... i was thinking about modding mine to get rid of the resignators on the back

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
Flowmaster and duals....

i really like the sound of this TV with the flowmaster 40 but i always thought the 40 series was too loud . i wonder what the 50 series or the 50suv series would sound like with the same setup. he says its a single 3" inlet and 2.5" dual outlets. sounds good to me,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZhvBlNV270&feature=related

21 - 40 of 63 Posts