Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Got my letter in the mail today. If you already fixed it, GM will reimburse with proper documentation, If not yet failed, they will warrant work, up to 120K miles
Well I guess that means I'm screwed. 3rd owner, 142k miles :bonk:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
96 Posts
Got my letter in the mail today. If you already fixed it, GM will reimburse with proper documentation, If not yet failed, they will warrant work, up to 120K miles
I should add to this, the letter specifically stated "as an owner of a 2008 GMC Envoy", so I'm not sure if other years are included.....and also the length of warranty time for this issue is 10 years from first sale date or 120K miles, which ever comes first. Sorry to possibly mislead anyone, as I was relying on memory since I filed the letter in the glove box. Hope this helps someone....

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
123 Posts
Well this makes number 2 for me 27k miles since the last one and almost 3 years later same problem, the bigger problem is my warrenty ran out first part of the month and the steeler says I have to pay, I asked them to verify for me that there is no recalls and they stated that there has not been any bulletins on this problem that indicate any recalls.

If someone could tell me and everyone here where to go online to look up recalls for our tralvoys, maybe we could validate if it is true that one has been posted.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
This is unreal, I believe I am about to need my second EM replaced as well... This is the same sound as the last time and it is coming from the same place (left side of engine, facing engine). Bringing it to the dealer very soon.....

If anyone has experience getting GM to pay for this, PLEASE let me know!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think the problem is the casting GM uses for these. This eBay manifold says in the description of their manifold that it has been improved in the problem areas to prevent cracking. The price is certainly right. It has been only a month since I installed it so I can't say yet if it will last. It didn't come with the heat shield or gaskets.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I think the problem is the casting GM uses for these. This eBay manifold says in the description of their manifold that it has been improved in the problem areas to prevent cracking. The price is certainly right. It has been only a month since I installed it so I can't say yet if it will last. It didn't come with the heat shield or gaskets.
Looks to be a Dorman knockoff perhaps.

·
Premium Member
2008 gmc envoy_sle
224 Posts
Like dig828, I too just got a letter specifically stating my 2008 'voy was covered up to 120k.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
I sure would like to know if this EM recall is going to be for all Trailvoys and also offered to us in Canada as well.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
9 Posts
I sure would like to know if this EM recall is going to be for all Trailvoys and also offered to us in Canada as well.
I doubt even if they did extend it to Canada, they'd cover the age/mileage on mine. I've got about 210,000 km on my odo. I'll wait a little longer & hope...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sure they would! I had the broken fuel tank and they covered it 100% by a special extended warranty and that was something initiated by the NSHTA. Give it a try and if they don't, try BS'ing into getting it done with a copy of the letter or TSB.

But I don't agree with it being covered only 50% regardless. It's a defect that they've known about for over a decade with the introduction of plastic tanks.

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,349 Posts
I was just told that I got a paper in the mail from GM about an Exhaust manifold crack recall. Anyone else get one?
got a letter also.
says : if this condition occurs on your 2009 TB w/in 10 years or 120,000 mi, whichever occurs first, from your in service date, the condition will be repaired
for you at no charge
then they add " Diagnosis or repair for conditions other than the condition described above is not covered under this special coverage program"

they know they have a problem. maybe a class action suit from the older model owners :undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
No reply yet from GM Canada

Well, it had now been a week since I sent in an email to GM Canada inquiring about the exhaust manifold extended warranty. I received an automated reply stating that they will reply to my inquiry within 24 working hours.
So far no reply! Does that mean they are slow, ignoring me or still trying to figure out their answer?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Emails are too easy to ignore. You need to reach out and touch someone with a phone call!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Well I joined the club! My manifold is cracked and makeing an awesome sound. Now I have read this entire thread and pretty much am confident I can switch the part out if need be, but my question is I have 2005 trailblazer with 65000 miles, From my understanding and this thread the manifold should still be under warrenty because of the drivetrain warrenty? Who do I need to contact to find out? Any numbers or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
153 Posts
I have an 09 as well. My documentations also shows that it should be under warranty. I'd take it to the dealer and get them to do the job - under warranty!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Honestly given how the bolts tend to break on this kind of thing, this is one job that I would probably just pay a shop to do. Odds are, if I did it myself, I'd break a bolt and have to take it to a shop anyway.

That's just my opinion on this kind of thing. So yeah, I fully expect to have mine in the shop for a manifold at some point.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
105 Posts
Just had mine replaced just last Friday @ Blade Chevy, had just under 50,000. Glad I kept that letter.

SparkeyJJO any chance if you contact GM that they may help out with the cost?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I highly doubt it. I'm the 3rd owner and the truck is 800 miles shy of 150,000 miles. I wouldn't expect them to cover it at this point, even partially. I'm actually quite surprised mine hasn't gone bad yet. Though it is leaking a bit somewhere, I can hear it at cold start up but there is no crack. I guess one of the manifold bolts broke itself for no reason so it would need a shop to extract that anyway.

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
89 Posts
OK so I am two timer at this. First manifold cracked at 81,000 miles and now at 120,000 it is cracked again. So instead of wasting my time with another manifold I am going to search and see if there are any headers available yet.

If anyone knows of a header that is available let me know. I will be searching soon. The best part is my rear resonator is shot so I will do the whole exhaust ... and hopefully make it better.

201 - 220 of 246 Posts