Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2008 Envoy 4.2l and need to replace a broken exhaust hanger, but unfortunately the dealer says its been discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find the aluminum exhaust hanger that is bolted to the transmission mount? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Junkyard or cobble one up for yurself.
I wouldn't waste my time with junk yard parts, nor do I "cobble up" parts for my daily. Junk yard parts up here in New England are usually in worse shape than the parts on my envoy. I'm talking with Dorman right now about manufacturing a replacement. Hopefully they will feel it is profitable to reproduce this part.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time with junk yard parts, nor do I "cobble up" parts for my daily. Junk yard parts up here in New England are usually in worse shape than the parts on my envoy. I'm talking with Dorman right now about manufacturing a replacement. Hopefully they will feel it is profitable to reproduce this part.
How would I know where you live? You could have at least inferred that yours rotted off .... right?. That would be a clue.

I'd make my own if it was so unobtanium that you're sending suggestions to Dorman.

What are you going to do for the six years it takes them to tool up and get China to make, package and send a shipping container full of your suggestions ... only to have them sit on the ship in Los Angeles harbor waiting for them to get to the stores .... to be sold to people who still own a vehicle that will certainly be a lot older more of an antique and less popular than it already is?

<pipedream>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts