Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been through the wringer with my TBSS. I am overseas and two months after my truck arrives my tranny starts acting up. Revving like crazy, redlining, 1-2 gear slipping, the works. I try flush the trans (probably the worst thing I could do) but to no avail. I am in Spain and the mechanics here are either clueless or afraid to work on my truck, so time passes and passes. I met a really helpful guy over at finishlinetransmission (Andy), I'm sure a few of you all on here know him. So ask about a new trans.... and of course he has an answer, BUT... the thing that kills me it that I'm out $700 for the core exchange and $700 for shipping :cry: (but I'm getting a lvl 6 in return for a great price.

The other day I'm ready to swap my Yank 3600 with the original (so the Ynak can get cleaned of all the junk from the bad trans) at this Chevy dealership.......get this, they could not swap it because my truck was too heavy for the lift :eek::eek::eek: It took my 2 months juts to find this place. Now my search goes for another 3 weeks. I find a place, they drop the trans, pull the yank convertor but now... the original wont fit C'MON!!! Its scrapping, like the flex plate is too thick. I told him just to keep the truck.

Next moves:
1. I sent the convertor to Yank
2. Left my car there
3. Pulled my ECM/ TCM sent them to Kelly @ PCM4less
4. Ordered new tires (I'll show pic when they get in, they are bad @ss)
5. Ordered new brakes w/ caliper paint
6. Ordering a elec. exhaust cutout
7. Ordering stainless steel brake lines
8. Getting new interior dome lights
9. Getting new HID's
10. Getting a dash plug for that "SS" slot to illuminate with the cutout

My anger has driven me to insanity, lol.

In the meantime, I ride my bicycle 40 mins. to and from work until the trans gets here. I remain highly optimistic.... I have to.

I'll post pics of the everything as they arrive or as they are installed. Wish me luck

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
580 Posts
WOW! It sounds like you have been through one heck of an ordeal! I'm glad to hear you have remained optimistic. When it is all said and done you will have one sweet truck to show for it. Keep us posted and good luck!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
C'mon! The "flywheel's too thick" just don't sing right. I know 'cause I asked Homey.

I bet whomever was attempting to install your new unit didn't have the convertor pushed all the way into the front pump and it won't fit that way.

But "too thick" isn't logical.

However ---> the logic I'm feeling here is that you/they/someone have/has damaged the front pump and possibly the convertor nose.

Because --- someone tried to put an early model transmission together with a late model convertor ... or vice-versa.

The input shafts are different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts