Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is crazy.. check this out. My girlfriend and I both have 02 LTZ's, she has 78K miles on hers I have 55K on mine. We both have the same mods, K&N and identical PCMforLESS tunes. Yet, our trucks sound SO MUCH different when you start them. Mine is loud as hell, the fan is louder, the engine noise is louder, my piston slap is louder and my clicking is louder (injectors? .. there aren't any rocker arms in these motors).. its just weird. Has anyone else compared their trucks to others?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
What oil are you each running? Id switch to Mobil 1 or another full synthetic. It really helps quiet the cold start lifter tap. Also, when was yours made, you could have one of the engines like me that falls under the cylinder liner recall (if it dropped within 100k/7yrs so doesnt matter anymore).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you might have got the bad apple out of the bag. Do you guys get alot of cold weather out there?

Yea, here in CT it can go from -10 degrees to 105. Winters are about 5 / 6 months long. Her truck was originally from Albany, NY .. pretty much the same weather, maybe a little more snow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What oil are you each running? Id switch to Mobil 1 or another full synthetic. It really helps quiet the cold start lifter tap. Also, when was yours made, you could have one of the engines like me that falls under the cylinder liner recall (if it dropped within 100k/7yrs so doesnt matter anymore).
We have only done one oil change on her truck since she's owned it. I have always run Valvoline Syntec, that is what I put in hers when I changed it. I thought about maybe running 1qt. of Lucas, that stuff really coats the walls.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
yeah i have my lil bro has an 05 TB and me an 03 and mine runs faster stronger and better (which he has said himself) i have 93000 miles he has 40000 miles
on ours i dont know why but mine just runs better

i have only a flowmaster exhaust on mine him nothing :weird:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.