Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Ok I have been battling this problem for a few months. I have an 04 tb with 170000 on it. It threw an ses indicator so I hooked up my obd and fault code was like p0455 evap issue small leak. Didn't do much with it cleared code and forgot about it until I got another ses indicator a few weeks later. Code 457 I think anyways another evap issue with large leak. Replaced gas cap and also vent solenoid. No change. Now I'm on fault code 496 purge flow high I think. I removed and tested purge solenoid and found nothing wrong so reinstalled. My motor really lags when trying to accelerate. It has died on me a few times and idles rough. Also always a rough start after adding fuel. I'm wondering if my canister could be plugged or fuel pump or fuel regulator. Fuel filter changed a year ago. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The canister may not be purging properly and when the ECM gets a full green-board and tries to burn off the evap vapors that are coalesced in the canister, they just turn into liquid and slug the intake with raw uncontrolled fuel.
That could be your stumble at tip-off.

Check for liquid fuel on the plenum/vacuum side of the evap purge circuit. .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts