Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I saw a GMC Jimmy (GMT330) and it was badged as an Envoy (no Jimmy badges at all). Now I know that there was a GMT330 Blazer called the "Trailblazer", but did they ever have an Envoy version of the Jimmy? Or, did this guy not like calling his truck a Jimmy so he re-badged? I believe it to be the latter since the badges were identicle to the current Envoy.:m2:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
"For 1998, the Envoy was a luxury trim line of the GMC Jimmy SUV, itself a clone of the Chevrolet Blazer. This version used a 190 hp (142 kW) 4.3L L35 Vortec 4300 V6, and was retired after the 2001 model year."

Just a quick online search, not sure as to it's truth.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Last night I saw a GMC Jimmy (GMT330) and it was badged as an Envoy (no Jimmy badges at all). Now I know that there was a GMT330 Blazer called the "Trailblazer", but did they ever have an Envoy version of the Jimmy? Or, did this guy not like calling his truck a Jimmy so he re-badged? I believe it to be the latter since the badges were identicle to the current Envoy.:m2:
See, now I was aware of the Envoy, but not the TrailBlazer as you mentioned... :confused:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Googling GMC Envoy got me this from Edmunds......

Past GMC Envoy Models

The first-generation GMC Envoy was sold from 1998-2000 (there was no '01 model). It was little more than an upscale version of the midsize GMC Jimmy, which debuted in '95, and was equipped much like today's Denali. The extra amount of features didn't mask its aged chassis and old-tech V6, however, and the two together delivered a mushy ride quality and lackluster acceleration at highway speeds. Other complaints included numb steering, a large turning radius and poor brake feel. Although these early Envoys are inexpensive to buy on the used market, subpar reliability keeps us from recommending them, even to buyers interested in an old-school, truck-based SUV

·
Registered
2006 chevy
113 Posts
on my way back from the home depot i did see one today.guess maybe i never payed attention to them before ,not a big fan of that style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts