Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV. When I bought it, the tailgate was locked up and wouldn't open either way. The roof works, which is surprising for this vehicle, and the emergency yellow button rolls the wind down on the tailgate, but there was no way to get the door open. I replaced the switch pads first as they felt very worn out and read they are typically the first problem to check. When I did this and touched the driver side switch, the window went down a few inches, but the tailgate still stayed locked. I rolled up the window and tried again, but nothing. Inside the tailgate I found the window lock relay and decided the try this. With the new relay, the window did its thing and viola, the tailgate swung open.

With that joy came more frustration as now it won't lock back into place and stay closed. I tried pushing it to engage, slamming it (being careful because of the window) but the lock actuators won't engage again. I removed the relay to see if they would lock up as before, but nothing. I don't know what else could be the problem. The fuses are good, relay replaced, tailgate window goes up and down, so I am kind of at a loss outside of thinking the latches need to be replaced as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts