Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
141 Posts
HOW DID YOU MANAGED THAT? DID YOU GET THE TUNE? I WANT MINES TO DO THAT TOO PLEASE REPLY WITH INFO... THANKS.:undecided

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HOW DID YOU MANAGED THAT? DID YOU GET THE TUNE? I WANT MINES TO DO THAT TOO PLEASE REPLY WITH INFO... THANKS.:undecided

Lol. Well. K&N cold air intake, catback flowmaster exhaust, and pcm4less tune on regular octane. also it was a cold night for good air flow. i will be installing e-fans and flashing my tune to premium, so i could pickup another 10-20 HP. and mines not even the 2.0 version of the I6

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
:undecided I think a lot of my bad driving habits might return if my truck could get up and go like that. :D Most of those mods are on my future mods list too... :coffee

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could argue its less than what I originally claimed. Could be 7.5 seconds if you factor in the large tires manipulating the speedometer. If speedo says 68 I'm actually going 70.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
43 Posts
A tune is by far the best thing you will ever purchase for your tb. I don't know exactly how fast the tune made my truck because I had the exhaust and CAI put on the same day as tune. Alot of perks to the tune is it removes speed and rev limiter. But as fast as I have had mine is 119

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
141 Posts
A tune is by far the best thing you will ever purchase for your tb. I don't know exactly how fast the tune made my truck because I had the exhaust and CAI put on the same day as tune. Alot of perks to the tune is it removes speed and rev limiter. But as fast as I have had mine is 119
how about take off and quikness? and shifting if you use #2firmness?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
#2 firmness is the most popular. 1 doesn't do much, and 3 is designed for racing and probably not livable for day to day driving. an immediate notice in shifting, the engine holds the rpm's well during the shift, so there is no lag to build up to peak torque in the next gear. if you don't mind paying extra for premium, get it tuned for 93 or whatever octane is in your area and buy shell v-power or exxon premium, top 2 premium gases respectively. i think i'd pick up a few more horsepower and maybe a slight mpg improvement with premium tune. i've gotten mine up to 110, ran out of road, but mines the XL so it doesn't stay as planted as the short wheel base, even though i have all the suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
141 Posts
#2 firmness is the most popular. 1 doesn't do much, and 3 is designed for racing and probably not livable for day to day driving. an immediate notice in shifting, the engine holds the rpm's well during the shift, so there is no lag to build up to peak torque in the next gear. if you don't mind paying extra for premium, get it tuned for 93 or whatever octane is in your area and buy shell v-power or exxon premium, top 2 premium gases respectively. i think i'd pick up a few more horsepower and maybe a slight mpg improvement with premium tune. i've gotten mine up to 110, ran out of road, but mines the XL so it doesn't stay as planted as the short wheel base, even though i have all the suspension upgrades.
I ORDERED MY TUNE TODAY BUT MESSED UP ON THE ORDER BECAUSE ENDED UP ORDERING LIKE 10 TUNES SO ILL HAVE TO WAIT TO PAY FOR IT UNTIL I CAN GET THE OTHERS OFF AND PAY FOR ONE TUNE I SENT AN EMAIL ALREADY AND AS YOU SAID I GOT THE #2 FIRM SHIFT AND REV AND SPEED REMOVED ALSO TO DELETE SOME OF THE POWER MANAGEMENT.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts