Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
18 Posts
Where did you order your Ascender tail lights?

Here is a pic of my Isuzu Ascender lights I got in a few weeks ago.
I will try to get a better picture this Sunday if I can. I wired up the lights so that when you go in reverse it uses the Envoy and Ascender white lights for backup.

Details on purchase:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Collision Catalog - 2007 - Isuzu - Ascender
Rear lamps, Combination lamps, Tail lamp assy, Tail lamp assy Right $0.00 $105.90

1 Collision Catalog - 2007 - Isuzu - Ascender
Rear lamps, Combination lamps, Tail lamp assy, Tail lamp assy Left $0.00 $101.80

Sub Total: $207.70
Tax $0.00
Shipping $22.85
Total: $230.55
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be converting these lights to LED very soon.

View attachment 8257
Note: The orange appears on the left of the light due to the flash firing on the camera. I'll get a better shot without the flash to see how it really looks.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
18 Posts
The tails are definitely lacking. Wish there was something like the ruby reds for the Maximas:

I hate the chrome altezza looking things. Seems like that's all they have for trucks/suvs. The Ascender lights are nice looking.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle_xl
89 Posts
My first mod. I don't see how a 5 year old vehicle could end up in a junk yard because of the CARS program (Cash for Clunkers), but I found an Ascender that the only thing left on it were the tail lights and the engine. I was able to get said tail lights for $30.00 each.:)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
45 Posts
man I really hate the Windows 7 Paint... Windows xp/Vista paint was definately easier to use :/

Anyway.. I'm not sure if the pictures make sense but I posted them anyway hehe..

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
18 Posts
Those pictures will help me out a ton. Thank you. I greatly appreciate it. This definetly helps. After I do these, I am installing new Halo fog lights and looking to get some different cluster gauges.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
432 Posts
I picked up my ascender lights from http://www.autopartspeople.com/

Excuse me for the poor pictures... here is how I wired up my reverse lights

View attachment 8448
I like the labels on the miscellaneous items in the background. I was wondering what those were. :undecided
:laugh:

Well done on the install. Very extensive and I'm sure it will help plenty of the members out on Trailvoy.

Any admins out there think they can separate this part of this thread and sticky it? This is very well-done.

·
Premium Member
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
129 Posts
well if ANYBODY could do it, it would be you. but there would be only one problem, if you do, me and all the other envoys on this site would park outside your house until you made us some and I don't think your neighbors would like that. :yes::D
:crackup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
45 Posts
I've been thinking of the altezzas blacks, with the bumps filled in and smoothed on the side, then put some of the round semi-truck LED tail lights in place of each of reflectors behind the red lenses.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
27 Posts
I just got a pair of Unpainted Altezza tail lights and painted em black to match the car. i think they look fine. but then again im going for a more... inconspicuous look.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
199 Posts
i like these. I just Painted em black to match the car. they look awesome to me. In this pic there not painted yet. but now they are and are a perfect color match.
Yup, those are the same one's I'm running right now, still haven't painted them though. Actually I could do that pretty soon, I just bought some paint to color match a bar that I'm mounting lights to.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
190 Posts
i like these. I just Painted em black to match the car. they look awesome to me. In this pic there not painted yet. but now they are and are a perfect color match.
are those I-tech Euros or Altezza/Anzo?? Hard to tell. I don't understand you needing to paint them?? they look black already. What would you paint?? or just paint them the right SHADE of black to mesh perfectly?? That would not be a problem for me, as my Envoy is Emerald Green and I would be wanting them black anyways.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
They are just the raw black plastic with no clear coat.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
190 Posts
They are just the raw black plastic with no clear coat.
I see, to give them more shimmer or sheen, whatever the hell the word I'm looking for is.
would that be just something in an aerosol spray??
I take it then the "raw black plastic" has a more matte finish and the clear coat gives it that glossy look?

41 - 60 of 97 Posts