Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are all the aftermarket tail lights for Envoys really REALLY ugly? I can't seem to find one that doesn't make me want to hurl...

Has anyone found a 1/2 decent set??

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have only seen the black and the chrome altezza lights. I have seen a couple of people put custom led boards in the factory lights. Nothing great aftermarket though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are their any options for replacement taillights for the Envoy, similar to the Trailblazer? I want to purchase a set of LED taillights, and I can find them for the Trailblazer, but not the Envoy.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Are their any options for replacement taillights for the Envoy, similar to the Trailblazer? I want to purchase a set of LED taillights, and I can find them for the Trailblazer, but not the Envoy.
What the Envoy community needs is a good clean LED design tail light that we can get someone to make.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
this is one of things that ticks me off, looking at just about every other truck with many tail lights options to choose from but ours. we only have 4 choices.
1. stock ( night shaded or smoked film )
2. altezza chrome
3. altezza black ( paint to body color )
4. ascender.
:hissy: then you drive down the street and see 5-6 different Honda civic tails.

·
Registered
gmc
799 Posts
What the Envoy community needs is a good clean LED design tail light that we can get someone to make.
I've been thinking of making a set for awhile(for myself not you guys :laugh:) They have some 3" or 4" round LED's lights with about 20 led's per light and a red lens, then I would have to bend some clear plexi for the outer lens :undecided:undecided I gotta go :crazy:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
I've been thinking of making a set for awhile(for myself not you guys :laugh:) They have some 3" or 4" round LED's lights with about 20 led's per light and a red lens, then I would have to bend some clear plexi for the outer lens :undecided:undecided I gotta go :crazy:
well if ANYBODY could do it, it would be you. but there would be only one problem, if you do, me and all the other envoys on this site would park outside your house until you made us some and I don't think your neighbors would like that. :yes::D

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6,943 Posts
If Envoy lights and TB lights were interchangeable, I think I'd be running Envoy lights...Weird eh? Us guys have so many options, yet I still want something with orange!:weird:

·
Registered
gmc
799 Posts
well if ANYBODY could do it, it would be you. but there would be only one problem, if you do, me and all the other envoys on this site would park outside your house until you made us some and I don't think your neighbors would like that. :yes::D
The ultimate TrailVoy meet with all Envoys. :laugh::woot:

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
If Envoy lights and TB lights were interchangeable, I think I'd be running Envoy lights...Weird eh? Us guys have so many options, yet I still want something with orange!:weird:
See if you can get a set of the European and Japanese spec tails.:cool:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4,839 Posts
well, it sounds like we might have another meet in the works...just need to get the date nailed down and then the list will start:cool::laugh: J/K

***There ya go TomVoy; you were quicker on the trigger:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6,943 Posts
See if you can get a set of the European and Japanese spec tails.:cool:
I thought about it, but they only have 1 reverse light, and the sides are a solid burgundy. And the actual light isn't transparent like ours, they're almost opaque...Whille the orange is cool, there's much more to be desired...

·
Registered
917 Posts
I thought about it, but they only have 1 reverse light, and the sides are a solid burgundy. And the actual light isn't transparent like ours, they're almost opaque...Whille the orange is cool, there's much more to be desired...
Phil, you lustin' after my tails again.... :dielaugh:

Imma have them painted glossy black around the lamp pods... that's the only way to get them look decent.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts