Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Envoy suspension help requested

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Monoposto_Racer 
#1 ·
Gent's

I was looking for some advice.. I have a 02 Envoy 4 wheel drive with the 4.2 in it. The question is what can I do to make it handle better with a trailer? I have 1500 lbs feather lite trailer and a 2900 lbs SRT-4 neon. It seems like the truck tends to wander all over. It has 75,000 miles it and the strut/shock have never been replaced. I bought some cheap rear shocks and poly airbags for the rear and it's better but it still doesn't sit right, even with the load transfer bars on. The truck is nose in the air.Which tends me to think springs? My thought is to drop the front suspension since I need struts anyway with SS springs. What should I do with the rear? Will this help? or am I making it worse?... The truck has the 17 inch wheels on it. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,
The newbie to envoy's

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Y-lab,

I really have no idea what the weight would be..... The suspension is air to 30 lbs.... Here's a pic but the trailer is off the driveway a little too... I found a set of front used of SS springs for $50? Is this a good deal? Are the factory SS struts good too?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.