Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 Envoy that is experiencing some serious starting issues. Sometimes it starts, and sometimes it won't. When it doesn't start, it won't even crank or attempt to turn over. All of the lights and electrical systems seem to be working, so it doesn't seem like a battery issue. I've had it towed to the dealership twice and they haven't been able to find anything wrong with the vehicle. They said they've checked the wires, starter, igntion, etc. Sometimes if I wait a day, the vehicle will then start right back up. I'm really not sure what the problem will be. I thought maybe it could be an issue with fuel pressure and the fuel pump, but it seems like the car would at least be trying to turn over if that was the problem. Instead, I get nothing. Ideas?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Did the dealer mention a possible bad ignition switch? It's a known problem part with these trucks, and can cause exactly the issue you have.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, petevw. Someone PMed me about the switch also so I'm starting to feel convinced that it is the problem. They're pretty cheap, so I'll go ahead and replace it to see what happens.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
Same starter problems

If anyone is still out there, I am having a very similar problem, but it only happens when the weather is hot (80s+F). I have replaced the starter/solenoid, I have replaced the starter relay, I have replaced the ignition switch (all brand new parts), and it still doesn't start when the weather gets too hot. It starts in the morning when it's cool, and even into the day in the lower 70s, but once it has been in the heat all day, and/or if the weather conditions get up into the 80s, it does the same thing (won't crank, won't start).

A friend of mine helped test the power to the wires, and he said those were all good as well.

Help!!! I am at my wit's end about this issue.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
In your post you said you replaced the starter/solenoid. Is that the starter and solenoid or just the solenoid? How is your battery? Will it start with a boost when it's hot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts