Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an HID conversion kit from a friends shop that fits my Envoy Denali but so far i cant find any projector headlights for Envoys any where!!! I don't want to install them into the stock halogen headlights. Any idea if there even is any? :hissy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thoughts what i figured :(. Dang i never really have been good with projects like that. For a Newbie scale of 1-10 hows hard is it?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
thoughts what i figured :(. Dang i never really have been good with projects like that. For a Newbie scale of 1-10 hows hard is it?

well this was my first time doing it and the retrofit itself took about 15 hours if I did it straight through (which I didnt) did it over a weeks time.

that doesnt include the 12 hours it took me to open up the headlights themselves (which I did this past spring) to paint the housings.. damn GM uses a permanent style sealant thats not as easy as just baking the headlights in the oven

so all in all I give it about a 7 out of 10 on the difficulty level

I forgot to add I also made clear corner reflectors as well which added maybe 2 hours to the project time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW:eek: lol that would take me like a month with the way my schedule is! Let alone the Price behind it all. As for the pics... I don't really mind how those look.

·
Registered
2002 gmc
829 Posts
did you have them done by Caesar from Lightwerks?
nope! brian from texas he specialized mainly on 5th generation honda prelude he also did the same set up on my car and when i had my envoy that was the 1st thing i got done because its just priceless:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I spent $50 on the bulbs, $20 on the bulb adapters, $105 on the projectors and $30 on the E30 clear lenses

the labor was free LOL :laugh:

·
Registered
2002 gmc
829 Posts
ggod for you:thumbsup: i dont have time ,skill and patient for it but i have the money:D and it turned out great!!! Envoy didn't get the ebay projector headlight like TB did cuz if it did my good friend would have swap the "projector" to true HID projector for me for free as he did on his lancer ralliart.

for what i paid for...again PRICELESS:yes:

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Yea, retrofits look good! i like the ones on the envoy.

my friend did a retrofit on his 4th gen prelude using Evo Projectors (3.5 INCHES!!!) they look nice with the JDM fogs that are yellow. I'm thinking about getting a retrofit on my bravada, but for some reason, i think it wont look as good as ones on envoys or preludes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts