Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Well my Mom paid 13 for her trailblazer 04 I6 ls last year with I think a little over 50000 Miles.

BTW: This is my first post here on the Trailvoy forums. I don't actually own a Trail/voy but I think I might get my Mom's Trailblazer for my 16th B-Day. (If I do good in school)

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:iagree: under 12....closer to 11.5
:iagree: Offer $11,500 and settle for $12,000 6 years and 98,000 miles is a shy over 16,000 a year and not bad if it was'nt abused.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
325 Posts
Funny ... looks exactly like the vehicle I bought about a year ago, except mine has DVD. Great vehicle, but make sure you ask when the last services were done for the diffs, tc, transmission, etc. so that you know what needs immediate service. When I bought mine the dealer wouldn't give it to me (he said due to Canadian Privacy Laws), and when I did the diffs and transfer case they looked like they had never been done.

I am in Canada, but I actually got mine for under $10K because gas prices were so high back then the dealer couldn't move the vehicle - priced it just to get rid of it.

I would recommend the vehicle if you can get the price they are suggesting above.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
I'de definetly try to talk that down, I got my 05 denali xl with half those miles for not to much more than that, and that was during the winter when everyone in NE wants a SUV

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
I'de definetly try to talk that down, I got my 05 denali xl with half those miles for not to much more than that, and that was during the winter when everyone in NE wants a SUV
:iagree: get the price down AT LEAST $2-2.5k. Its a truck, with almost 100k miles and is 6 years old. If they argue back, mention that, and also mention the fact that you're buying a v8 with the risk of gas prices going back up, and the fact that the big 100k mark is coming up for the truck, which means major maintenance for it...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good advice from all. Thanks for the input. I have some thinking to do, since I wasn't really even in the market for a different truck.

1 question: Is the fan clutch an issue on the v8 like it is on the I6?

Bill

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Are you sure it has a V8? The info says Net HP is 275. That is the HP for the I6. Also a G80 is not mentioned. Nor the rear axle.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am sure it's a v8. I went by last night after the dealer was closed, and saw it has SLT and V8 badging. Now the G80 and axle ratio, I don't know yet. I will have to find that out. And after looking and comparing with what I have, I know I wouldn't pay 12,500 for it.

Have to do some more thinking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if the fan clutch was gonna be an issue im sure it would have went by now chances are someone replaced it already, i have the v8 great engine! did have to replace my tensioner but thats it, of course i got mine for 10k with 80,000 miles fully loaded even got the dvd in back:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Good advice from all. Thanks for the input. I have some thinking to do, since I wasn't really even in the market for a different truck.

1 question: Is the fan clutch an issue on the v8 like it is on the I6?

Bill
Ahh the fan clutch. Thats how I first found TrailVoy. Couldn't figure out what that clicking was for months, on my old 03 I6 envoy xl.

I've nevery noticed the v8 badging on any envoys before - is that stock or aftermarket. In that case the last owner might just be like the peole who throw Denali Emblems on the doors of their SLTs. I guess I can't make fun of that thou cause the previous owner of mine put the litle square GM badges on like the new trucks have on the doors, which I haven't removed.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Definitely open the hood and check. If you can get the VIN, the eighth position is the engine code. An "S" is the 4.2 I6. A "P" is the 5.3 V8.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I say its an OK deal, i have an 05 envoy XL, and i can say its the best car ive ever driven, next the the 67 chevelle, pretend to walk away and they may call you with a lower price, especially in this economy:woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Definitely open the hood and check. If you can get the VIN, the eighth position is the engine code. An "S" is the 4.2 I6. A "P" is the 5.3 V8.
The VIN is on the dashboard on the driver's side. You can see it while standing next to the fender and looking at the corner of the dash. It's easily visible as long as the dealer doesn't put something over it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
I would not pay that for that old a model! I paid way less than that for my 05 ($8800.00) total taxes and all! It's a nice looking truck, but you still have to look at yourself in the mirror a few days after it sinks in you got fleeced!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.