Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I have been spending most of my time over in the UK I am trying to spend some quality time with the XUV when I get home for a week, so when the family is out on the deck , the XUV is out in the backyard, roof and windows open , Bose cranked - tunes blaring....neighbors be dammed! (actually I dont think they mind...and I just love to put my truck in the backyard...childhood fantasy!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
:eek: :drool

with a house nd property like that, i thnk the sound will disipate before thye can hear it

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Bill, I know your having fun with the truck in the backyard, but I am mesmerized by the house roof. That is the steepest roof (for that style of house) that I have ever seen. :eek:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Thats a nice sized house. :eek:

And Erik that kinda looks like a silverado in the front.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a nice sized house. :eek:

And Erik that kinda looks like a silverado in the front.
Thats my wifes Avalanche in the front, kinda parked to the side so it can fit in the driveway with the camper ...now that is pising the neighbors off, but what can I do. I need to prep it.

Regarding the roof line, I live in upstae NY where they KILL us with taxes per sq foot. However the house has big vaulted ceilings, and the stste cant charge for air space so it looks a little bigger than it is, and I can barely afford the house with the taxes.

BTW, when my two year old took to screaming when he didnt get his way those ceilings and the way the sound travels off those ceilings made me wish I had bought a ranch! He nearly deafend me.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bill, I know your having fun with the truck in the backyard, but I am mesmerized by the house roof. That is the steepest roof (for that style of house) that I have ever seen. :eek:
Ray,

cant wait to get the bill if I need to replace it someday! It will mean no new car for 5 years after that!

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Regarding the roof line, I live in upstae NY where they KILL us with taxes per sq foot. However the house has big vaulted ceilings, and the stste cant charge for air space so it looks a little bigger than it is, and I can barely afford the house with the taxes.
Hmmm, also different. Ours is based upon value. The rate times every multiple of $100.
The value is whatever the government thinks it should be. If you don't agree, you need to have (and pay for) an appraisal.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm, also different. Ours is based upon value. The rate times every multiple of $100.
The value is whatever the government thinks it should be. If you don't agree, you need to have (and pay for) an appraisal.
NY state is the same way. Square footage fits into the assessed value of the property value calculation, fortunately the assessed value of the home is only 2/3 of what I paid for it. The tax rate in my county is the second highest in the US at $37/$1000 of assessed value.

It is painful! It wouldnt hurt so much if the bastarbs would fix the pot holes in the roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts