Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to the forum and just bought a silver 04 Envoy. I was curious if it is a easy switch to put the newer denali grill on mine if I were to come across one? Would the denali grill fit right in? Thanks for your help!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
yep it will go right in!,,the grille is held in with 5 or 6 clips across the top that will pop right out with a flathead screw driver...BE SURE TO PULL IT UP WHEN YOU REMOVE IT,,,DO NOT JUST YANK IT OUT!...on the bottom there it 2 tabs that sit in a couple grooves on the bottom..if you dont pull straight up when you take it out,you'll snap them off.....all in all,,,it should take you less than 5 minutes to switch them out.

·
Registered
gmc
3,112 Posts
yep it will go right in!,,the grille is held in with 5 or 6 clips across the top that will pop right out with a flathead screw driver...BE SURE TO PULL IT UP WHEN YOU REMOVE IT,,,DO NOT JUST YANK IT OUT!...on the bottom there it 2 tabs that sit in a couple grooves on the bottom..if you dont pull straight up when you take it out,you' snap them off.....all in all,,,it should take you less than 5 minutes to switch them out.
well said jayd

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
thanx,,i learned about how NOT to break those tabs off the hard way.:duh:

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: and :tiphat Welcome :tiphat

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
It is close but, viewed side-by-side the real Denali grill, IMO, is nicer. Also the EBay grill is just an inlay piece, not the full grill.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
It is close but, viewed side-by-side the real Denali grill, IMO, is nicer. Also the EBay grill is just an inlay piece, not the full grill.
:iagree: You can see the Ebay one doesn't look as good on the ends. (Holes are not as good as OEM)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
I'm looking to do the same mod. Did you end up finding one? I haven't been able to find one. Might try the local salvage yards.:hopeless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts