Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Envoy started acting up. It's a 2004, 56K on the clock. Un modded, grocery getter.

Anyways, the problem is when I let off the throttle, the headlights kind of short out. I say kind of because they don't cut out, but they dim. Driving home this morning (after it has sat over a month) it was flickering all the way home, about 25 miles. If you were driving ahead of me, you'd think I was flashing my brights at you ( going from low lighting to regular ).

When I got to the 'voy, it was completely dead. I jump started it with a Powerstroke and it fired right up. However, when I went to use the power lock to open it, that was a no-go. Same with any kind of interior light when I opened the door. DEAD. Key wouldn't come out of the ignition.

This problem started about 2 months ago, but not as severe, and just chalked it up to being a GM product (see signature), so I'm pretty sure the jump start wasn't the issue. I also noticed the voltage gauge (stock) dopped to around 11v a few times, but otherwise stayed right at 14v (I'm guessing 13.8 is what it runs at?).

It is the oem battery, so that could definitely be part of the problem. I let the truck sit for a month or more every time I use it when I get to town, so could something be jacking it up? Also, when I say it has been doing this for a few months, but much MUCH less severely, and never had a battery issue. I'm guessing it could also be a alternator ready to take it's final ****.

Apologizing in adavance if this is written 'tardedly. Had a long day loading multiple stops of electronics in Toronto, got my semi truck seized and searched for 3 hrs and just got home and haven't slept in a loooong time. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe. I'll head out and get one today.

And advanc apology for not using the search function. I'm really strapped for hometime. I only come home for a day or 2 every month and a half, and the clock is ticking :eek:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
744 Posts
this happened often in my grand prix, and i replaced the battery... and the problem continued. turned out the battery terminals were just that oxidized that it was draining everything. try a good cleaning on the terminals and the cables... might do the trick.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,393 Posts
I have the same problem and replaced the battery but it didn't help. From what I read on here, it sounds more like the crappy GM side terminal battery cables. I never did like them! :hissy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.