Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Envoy 5.3 XUV
So I just left my muffler guy. He is telling me there is not enough safe clearance to add the 2nd pipe over the driver side axle to make duals. He states he has done it several times before on Envoys and gets complaints about rattle and heat damage to some line that runs over that axle next to it. He no longer does it on Envoys. I explained to him I have an XUV. I took it to him and he showed be what he meant. When I told him other have done it, he said he wont do it for liability reasons.
I read a member had this same issue back cant remember who it was.
Anyone heard of this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Envoy 5.3 XUV
So I just left my muffler guy. He is telling me there is not enough safe clearance to add the 2nd pipe over the driver side axle to make duals. He states he has done it several times before on Envoys and gets complaints about rattle and heat damage to some line that runs over that axle next to it. He no longer does it on Envoys. I explained to him I have an XUV. I took it to him and he showed be what he meant. When I told him other have done it, he said he wont do it for liability reasons.
I read a member had this same issue back cant remember who it was.
Anyone heard of this issue?
Oops! re-read you ID --- it was an issue with 4WD --- but what about 2WD models ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts