Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
The steering wheel and door panels should be no problem. The dash would probably work if you have the entire dash, including the frame that goes behind it. Since it's shaped differently than the TB's dash, the frame behind it will definately be different. The other thing to check about the dash would be the locations of switches and buttons, because the wiring harness may be different as well.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The steering wheel and door panels should be no problem. The dash would probably work if you have the entire dash, including the frame that goes behind it. Since it's shaped differently than the TB's dash, the frame behind it will definately be different. The other thing to check about the dash would be the locations of switches and buttons, because the wiring harness may be different as well.

dang man!!! i was really hoping the frame on both trucks were the same, only the outer dash shape was different.

can anyone else chime in on this?

and to be clear, yes i want to do the entire dash (hopefully without having to mad the frame it is attached to.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
The door buttons are different, if the wiring harness isn't the same and I'd be almost willing to be they're NOT, you're going to have problems. In the Envoy the memory seats are below the window switches, on the TB those buttons are around the door handle.

Other changes are the location of the 4x4 switch, rear wiper knob/switch, etc. If those harnesses are different or do not reach, you'll have another problem. As I think about it, the question arises if the inner door skin is the same, the outers are different and whether the same inner skin is used is 50-50. (I think they'll fit though, since the Rainier uses more of an Envoy body with TB interior). Actually, what you really may want to do for the upgraded interior is find a Bravada or Rainier....they have the nicer interior but with TB framing.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The door buttons are different, if the wiring harness isn't the same and I'd be almost willing to be they're NOT, you're going to have problems. In the Envoy the memory seats are below the window switches, on the TB those buttons are around the door handle.

Other changes are the location of the 4x4 switch, rear wiper knob/switch, etc. If those harnesses are different or do not reach, you'll have another problem.
right on, and yes these are all things I am keeping in mind. and extending a harness is not a problem. time consuming but doable non the less. now if the connectors are different then i will have to get replacement connectors through gm or something.

keep it coming guys, i want to get as much of this planned out as possible before i start the mod to avoid as many problems as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts