Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.andysautosport.com/gmc/2002_2008_envoy/lights/headlights/spyder_auto/

http://www.taillightwarehouse.com/envoy-0205-euro-headlights-black-pair-p-24097.html

If your like me you dont like the amber in the lenses and im not taking a chance in cutting the headlight housing apart or melting it in the oven. So i've noticed people haven't found them out there but they are out there just very hard to find...these two places have them in stock last time i looked....me personally i'd buy Ricky81 's headlights he has for sale in the classifieds...i was going to but threw codes and have that damn fan clutch that needs replaced with the heat around here. hope this helps someone and keep modin

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
http://www.andysautosport.com/gmc/2002_2008_envoy/lights/headlights/spyder_auto/

http://www.taillightwarehouse.com/envoy-0205-euro-headlights-black-pair-p-24097.html

If your like me you dont like the amber in the lenses and im not taking a chance in cutting the headlight housing apart or melting it in the oven. So i've noticed people haven't found them out there but they are out there just very hard to find...these two places have them in stock last time i looked....me personally i'd buy Ricky81 's headlights he has for sale in the classifieds...i was going to but threw codes and have that damn fan clutch that needs replaced with the heat around here. hope this helps someone and keep modin
Try ordering them though. These 2 websites keep posting these for sale but the lights are illegal per the DOT and they have none in stock.

Your best bet is getting brand new headlights off ebay a store there sells brand new Headlights for Envoy for $130 shipped. these include 4 of the main bulbs which themselves will cost you $50.
It isn't really a big deal using a heat gun to pry them apart, it just takes some patience some hurt fingers and learning to cut back the heat when the plastic is melting. Oh and some muscle.
They seal right back up, applying heat and pressing them back together, no need to spend hours trying to remove the old glue etc etc etc

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm shows in stock for me...not going all the way through with the order though just final checkout(i'm broke)

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
those ones on the first link are sweet{all chrome ones},,but 270 is kinda steep when you can use the dremel tool to separate the black housing and do it yourself....i think it took me about 45minutes to do both and 6 bucks for the epoxy to put them back together.......i can see how people would be leary about cutting your lights apart,the heat trick did absolutely zilch for me,,,i wasted 4 hours trying that method.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
hmmm shows in stock for me...not going all the way through with the order though just final checkout(i'm broke)
Yeah it is really annoying getting parts for the Envoy.
Websites constantly show things in stock but don't have them for various reasons.

Especially the Westin sport tubes, one place FINALLY took them off ebay after me blowing a gasket on them.
Even worse you order those lights they wait 4-5 days before telling you no.
I think I went through that with 2 or 3 sites before I realized I need to call these people.
Another annoying thing is quite a few websites will show all the fancy tail light replacements for the Envoy but they are Trailblazer lights. Which of course don't fit an Envoy.

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
44 Posts

I am soon to be the proud owner of the headlights that Ricky81 has in the classifieds. I purchased them and he shipped them to me on Tuesday. Should have them soon. I guess he did not have a chance to take that ad down.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those ones on the first link are sweet{all chrome ones},,but 270 is kinda steep when you can use the dremel tool to separate the black housing and do it yourself....i think it took me about 45minutes to do both and 6 bucks for the epoxy to put them back together.......i can see how people would be leary about cutting your lights apart,the heat trick did absolutely zilch for me,,,i wasted 4 hours trying that method.
when u cut them open what did you do to get the amber out? is it just an insert or did you wrap them with a vinyl or tint?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
when u cut them open what did you do to get the amber out? is it just an insert or did you wrap them with a vinyl or tint?
all that holds that amber in is 3 screws,,some wierd kinda head on them but just 3 little screws.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
When I did my retrofit I first used a dremel and cut all around the housing. Stuck it in the oven for about 10mins at 250. In total took about an hour to open apart and that's for a set of headlights. At first I was kinda scared but it actually worked.....LOL.....once apart it took me about 2 weeks(10hrs in total) to finish the retrofit, the new set I used some lexus projectors with tsx-r lens. It's a lot of work but its well worth....BTW Wire, once you receive the headlights hit me a pm to give you details on the install.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it is really annoying getting parts for the Envoy.
Websites constantly show things in stock but don't have them for various reasons.

Especially the Westin sport tubes, one place FINALLY took them off ebay after me blowing a gasket on them.
Even worse you order those lights they wait 4-5 days before telling you no.
I think I went through that with 2 or 3 sites before I realized I need to call these people.
Another annoying thing is quite a few websites will show all the fancy tail light replacements for the Envoy but they are Trailblazer lights. Which of course don't fit an Envoy.
right and alot of sites just show them as fitting both....how is that possible:undecided.....to bad to because the lights they offer for the envoy im not really a big fan off but found many ones that fit trailblazer that i like

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.