Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car that rear-ended me at 45mph. Police report estimate.

My truck

My exhaust pierced his front bumper, curled over and pulled it off when he recoiled.

Got a little lucky, that he hit the spare tire. Probably cushioned the blow a bit.

I was stopped in traffic when he hit me. When hit me, that forced my truck into the car in front of me which forced that car to hit car in front of her. It was a looong day.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch, glad you're ok.....how bad is the front end??
The whole front is made of junk plastic so, I had replace the front bumper and grille. The grille was damaged on the surface, but the plastic tabs on the inside and bottom snapped. Again, junk plastic.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was in Princeton, NJ about 3 miles from work. Stopped in traffic on Route 1, I didn't even see him coming because I had already been stopped for 30 seconds or so. The police report said that he was looking down at his radio.:bonk:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I was in Princeton, NJ about 3 miles from work. Stopped in traffic on Route 1, I didn't even see him coming because I had already been stopped for 30 seconds or so. The police report said that he was looking down at his radio.:bonk:
why does it seem, most PA guys get in Accidents in NJ... hmmmmmm.

I got rearended in my Old GTP. By a guy in a Sporttrac, he said his foot slipped off the brake.. I bet otherwise... Almost totaled my GTP.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, this gave me a good excuse to cut off the resonator and put a straight stainless steel pipe. Now it sounds like a truck. :cool:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Got a little lucky, that he hit the spare tire. Probably cushioned the blow a bit.
I'd say the trailer hitch absorbed the majority of the impact. Glad no one was hurt and there was relatively minor damage to the Envoy.

GM - Tough Trucks. :thumbsup: (At least when they had a frame, instead of the unibodies the next generation has :bonk: :duh:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts