Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Envoy AC clutch engages and AC works well but it comes on when you turn on the fan (to any speed). The AC on/off switch lights when pressed but doesn’t do anything. AC blows cold and the compressor cycles as it should. So anytime the fan is on, the compressor is engaged and I can’t turn it on or off with the AC dash switch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,194 Posts
This is only an educated guess, I would have to suspect the control panel itself. If it were the compressor relay, the blower switch would not affect it. You might want to go to a salvage yard and see if you can pick one up there.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solved

I tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. It’s now working the way it should! Got to love such an easy fix. Thanks for your help in any event.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,194 Posts
That's a new on me. That usually will only cause the system to recalibrate the actuators. Glad it is fixed.

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
975 Posts
Yeah it weird the way that works . I was having all kinds of issues with the stupid TPMS system and as last resort I pulled the fuses to the BCM for 3 minutes and reinserted and never had another issue . I LOVE COMPUTERS !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts