Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The butt end of my Envoy is near the ground. BACKGROUND: about three years ago, same problem. I replaced the suspension bags back then with some Chinese boys. They worked great, no issues, but once again my Envoy is draggin its butt pretty close to the ground.

So the air pump in the back of the car, if manually stimulated with the switch, runs and pumps air just fine. So I'm thinking it ain't a fuse. (alas, it almost never is)

Also, when operating the car, I don't hear the air pump any more, unless I turn it on manually, as if to blow up one of my friends' sex dolls.

QUESTION: So, either I need a new set of bags -- or, what? Does whatever device senses the pitch of the car (high butt, low butt) occasionally fail? What about those little plastic hoses that inflate the suspension bags.

Suggestions, particularly regarding correct diagnosis, much appreciated. I would much prefer to spend a single afternoon under the car and this is where y'all's expertise comes in!

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
10 Posts
Air bags suspension design POS

Just drove sagging ghetto looking 2007 Envoy Denali 700 miles roundtrip. Question is: Why the heck didn't the DOT recall this vehicle for safety issues associated with this failure? I had the vehicle loaded with a few somewhat heavy items and the handling was horrendous at highway speed. I would expect a recall would have been made on those vehicles affected by this ridiculous suspension. Shame on GM and all who could have demanded a recall for this failed attempt to provide rear suspension for these vehicles. Apparently, this is a common failure, not some rare anomaly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts