Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I search for an '05-07 Envoy or TB I see that the Envoy is about 1.5" lower than the TB...it's even rated one star higher in rollover resistance in a comparision I read.

Interior space specs are nearly identical...so what is different that makes the Envoy lower??

Thanks, Bob K

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
138 Posts
As I search for an '05-07 Envoy or TB I see that the Envoy is about 1.5" lower than the TB...it's even rated one star higher in rollover resistance in a comparision I read.

Interior space specs are nearly identical...so what is different that makes the Envoy lower??

Thanks, Bob K
I dont know if it's related, but all the newer TrailBlazers I see are lower than my dad's. Did they change the suspension?
Sorry for hijacking your thread, lol.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,214 Posts
GM used a variety of spring rates in all models, so some will sit lower than others. Those with the lighter springs sit lower, those with a higher/stiffer spring sit higher. The Envoy could also be had with the ECAS (air suspension used on the Envoy, Rainier and TBSS), which allowed them to sit the back end lower and still be able to carry a load, since the system would inflate the bags to raise the height back up to its pre-set level. An ECAS equipped model tends to sit lower with no load/cargo than its coil spring sibling.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
996 Posts
i just parked my 04 EXT next to an extended Envoy, and i was up higher than he was. mine is stock but on 265/40/22s, his was stock polished rims. i did have about an 1" or so in height over his.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.