Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, looking for some advice. or HELP!!!! Please. I working on a engine swap. I have a 2007 Trailblazer 4.2. I purchased A 4.2 out of a 2008 Trailblazer. Swap went fine Switched manifold, Intake, I believe cam sensor,(front rt. side) Crank Sensor (lower Lf. side) plugs were different. Everything else matched up( plug wise). Motor just cranks now.Getting fuel at rail presser valve. Any Ideas? thanks. Dm28.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
engine swap 2007 trailblazer

Forgot to mention, After looking on the forum I saw sug. on fuel rail may be different between2007/2008? Thanks again.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Forgot to mention, After looking on the forum I saw sug. on fuel rail may be different between2007/2008? Thanks again.
Sorry bud, but you're stuck. 2008 has a 58x crank vs the 7x on the 2007.
You pretty much have to start over.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
You're not the first to do this.

I'm working with HPTuners to make a special tune for the 2007 computer to run the 2008 engine. I'll post up if this is possible/feasible.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
The last time this happened the guy swapped in the 06 cam sprocket, unplugged the crank sensor and was able to run -albeit with some codes. Might be an option for a personal vehicle, but not for a customer's car.

HPTuners doesn't want to touch this. I think that if you change the cylinder select and maybe rearrange the coil wires, that you could run an I5 PCM (58x).

Lemme know if you're interested in trying either option, but cleanest way is to just start over with the right engine.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
15 Posts
I6 Swap question for replacement

I'm replacing my engine (4.2 I-6) and want to know where you attach the chain in the rear of the engine? I see the loop in front by the fuel rail, but have no idea where to attache the chain in the rear of the motor? Any help would be great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts