Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle's engine started surging a month ago. At speeds between 40 and 70, when holding a steady speed, the RPM will jump up and down by 100-300 RPMs, making the car seem to surge back and forth at a frequency of one jump every second or two. Anyone seen this, and what can be the cause...a bad fuel pump, fuel controller, or something else? Thanks, glg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine Surge

How many Miles do you have, It could be a Misfire...When was the last time you did a tune-up ?
It was over 50,000 miles ago. It currently has about 180k miles. I was thinking it might be the electronic fuel control or governor?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
23 Posts
Surging

I am experiencing surging. It happens with cruise on and off and AC on and off. During a road trip this week I noticed it more at highway speeds. Cruise was actually turned off without my interaction. No codes are visible and fuel economy is less than usual. I have a 2004 Envoy SLT just turned 62K.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I had the same problems a couple weeks ago. The engine would surge and feel like it was jerking back and forth. Mine was a misfire. Replaced plugs and all of the coil packs... It was expensive but i was sick of this stuff haha.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
engine surge

same surge problem with mine about a month ago. shortly thereafter check engine light came on O2 sensor bad replaced and surge went away

·
Registered
2005 chevy envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
VW Transpoter

Its a common problem for most of the car.. i guess its bad fuel pump or fuel controller.. i am confused among them.. did you consult to your dealer regarding this..???
even i have got this engin problem.. i am sharing with you people may one of you can help me with suggestion...
This is my first time out and hopeful of some help with a VW Transpoter engine problem.This vehicle has a long history of engine problems, mainly with the cooling system, which I've hopefully now sorted. This latest problem with a 'whistle' noise coming from the engine occured a week or so after I fitted a new head gasket. Initially I put the noise down to a faulty turbo, which had excessive impeller lift and was blowing out a considerable amount of engine oil. I replaced the turbo and have checked all hoses and connections from the turbo to the intrcooler and to the inlet manifold. The inlet manifold and turbo wastegate all have new gaskets fitted. Could anyone please offer some advice?

·
Registered
2005 chevy envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
my vw transpoter problem

Its a common problem for most of the car.. i guess its bad fuel pump or fuel controller.. i am confused among them.. did you consult to your dealer regarding this..???
even i have got this engin problem.. i am sharing with you people may one of you can help me with suggestion...
This is my first time out and hopeful of some help with a VW Transpoter engine problem.This vehicle has a long history of engine problems, mainly with the cooling system, which I've hopefully now sorted. This latest problem with a 'whistle' noise coming from the engine occured a week or so after I fitted a new head gasket. Initially I put the noise down to a faulty turbo, which had excessive impeller lift and was blowing out a considerable amount of engine oil. I replaced the turbo and have checked all hoses and connections from the turbo to the intrcooler and to the inlet manifold. The inlet manifold and turbo wastegate all have new gaskets fitted. Could anyone please offer some advice?

·
Registered
2004 gmc trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Engines are so complicated that if they hadn't been in production for over a century, it's likely that no one would believe they'd really work. Proper engine performance is dependent on a very precise balance of air/fuel mixture, spark timing and exhaust management; any deviation from any of these parameters will cause malfunction, which is often expressed as "surge" (rapid acceleration/deceleration cycles). you must have to go to a very good auto repair shop for minimise the risk. I suggest you a best auto repair shop i.e. Rose Brothers Garage. They are really helpful. Rose Brothers Garage also offers a wide range of auto repair services including Oil, Filter & Lube, A/C Service and Repairs, Brake System Repairs,2 and 4 Wheel alignments, Tire Sales & Service, Heating & Cooling, Electrical System and computer repair, Transmission Repair & Replacement, Steering & Suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts