Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 Envoy with a 6 cyl engine. It just recently started making a roaring sound when it's first started and when you accelerate. Sounds like a helicopter taking off. In the winter time it has done this and I assumed it was to help warm the engine quicker. It's now the middle of summer and it does it almost continuously at low speeds during acceleration.
The engine light was on and the codes came back that there was a problem with the fuel mix (too lean) and the coolant temp was not correct. Are the roar issue and the engine codes part of the same problem? What are the next steps I should take? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
270 Posts
Welcome to the club!

As far as the codes are conserned, I can't help ya there. The engine roar is most likely cause by the fan clutch not functioning properly. Use the search feture and look for Fan Clutch. Some one will chime in soon on your codes and probly be able to offer more info on the Roar as well.

Cheers.:tiphat

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
coolant temp... most likely you got P0128.
Sounds like its going to be time to change your thermostat.

The fuel being lean..im not sure about this one...

The roar... sounds like your fan clutch will need replacing soon.

If you are to replace the fan clutch - do the thermostat at the same time...
also may want to replace the water pump.
Inspect the radiator hoses...
and replace the dexcool...
when you replace the fan clutch-- may as well do all the others.. as they are all related (when you try to get access to the fan clutch).

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
coolant temp... most likely you got P0128.
Sounds like its going to be time to change your thermostat.

The fuel being lean..im not sure about this one...

The roar... sounds like your fan clutch will need replacing soon.

If you are to replace the fan clutch - do the thermostat at the same time...
also may want to replace the water pump.
Inspect the radiator hoses...
and replace the dexcool...
when you replace the fan clutch-- may as well do all the others.. as they are all related (when you try to get access to the fan clutch).
:iagree:The fan clutch can also cause a coolant temp code as well. With the roar, its most likely the fan clutch causing the low engine temp and the jet-like roar. But if you have the time to change out the thermostat since its a very cheap part, might as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.