Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Baaaaack! I wrote earlier about the axle separation. Thanks for the exploded view it went very well...now I do not understand how by removing the trans cross-member and lowering the trans I can get at the top bolts on the bell housing easier. By doing this it moves the bolts closer to the fiewall making them harder to accesses. I obviously am missing something...thoughts??

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Lowering the back of the trans also lowers the back of the engine. The top of the bell housing gets lowered past the opening (the trans tunnel) in the firewall. But you do have to get to the bolts from under the truck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engion R&R

Lowering the back of the trans also lowers the back of the engine. The top of the bell housing gets lowered past the opening (the trans tunnel) in the firewall. But you do have to get to the bolts from under the truck.
According to the book to remove the top bolts to remove the engine I am to lower the trans (by removing the trans cross-member) lowering the trans enough to allow access to the top bolts then replace the cross-member. I am not told to remove the engine mounts until later. Does this sound possible? Again it puts the top of the engion closer to the tunnel or firewall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts