Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really trailvoy related but need some guidence here. I have a 1990 cavalier 2.2 OHV that is boosted running about 9LBS of boost on average and tuned good, however I need some rockers and the rockers I have (see below) I need something that a bit more how do I say better performers over the stamped style. I've done good research and come to find out as seen the are not rollers and I would like to have something thats better fitting. Evedently if my motor was a 92+ year they have the roller rockers which I can get them off a 1.6 comp cam style which fits a 5.0 small block. So if anyone who is very engine savy, I need some rockers (similar to whats viewed) ie: don't really want to convert to rollers as its alot involved. So I'm open to suggestions...
by the way the engine has 20K and do an oil change about once a year using mobile 1 and drive on average of 500-1000 miles a year.

Mods... if this is not the right place to put this please move and I appologize in advanced...

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
Im not too up to date on the performance side of a 2.2 but I would imagine your options are limited. Is it at all possible to do an entire head on this block for example a newer style head in its place. If it were possible, it would be more labour intensive and costly, but you probably could upgrade what im assuming are stock valves and springs as well and have a lot stronger top end.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I can't say that i know much at all about your engine, but why are you changing the rockers, and why not go to rollers? They will make the engine rev a little quicker, and reduce any lag you have from the stamped steel ones that are on it.

If I were you, and you want to wake that little engine up, do a cam & roller rockers w/ some better pushrods.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
39 Posts
well first off i dont know flip about your motor, but they are inherently the same. for performance, do the swap for roller rockers.
your rockers are completely fine so i dont know why you are wanting to replace them. if anything you would want to replace your springs and retainers as they be wearing out causing valve float and decreasing your performance, and you would be running the risk of catastrophic failure.
If your motor is ticking it could just be a lifter and you could try replacing those with a newer upgraded performance lifters(maybe try jegs or summit racing)
personally if i were to do anything to your boosted motor i would change the rotating assymbley with forged internals and dished pistons that are better suited for boosted applications. also you could have the heads ported and polished with larger runners to also lower your compression allowing you to again, run more boost.
once again i dont much about your motor and ive done 0 research on what head swaps are possible or what performance parts are available for it. im going on what i know from personal research on LSx style motors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts