Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first I was thinking yeah know what a concept huh? Anyway I was wondering if would be feasible to take a 5.3 or 327, and destroke it to a 301 using a crank from an old 283? Then bump up the compression ratio up to like 11-12:1. Doing this should allow the engine to rev higher, you would have to reflash the PCM. But doing this could net you some where in the relm of 450 horsepower or so. This also keeps the engine looking stock but able to keep up and more than likely out do some SS's out there. Its all an idea and want to see if someone may have done this, or thought about doing this. If its even possible cause I dont have the specs for either crank shaft. So hit me up with your thoughts, yeah its kind of out there but it def be different.

Later
Blu

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
If it IS possible, you must have some deep pockets or all the time in the world. Why not just supercharge it? :undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
228 Posts
The answer is,

No you can not. The cranks are different in journal size and thrust bearing clearance.

I love the idea of a stroker motor since you are creating the SS engine in a way. You could just add the SS crank, pistons and rods and make your own SS....

The heads are the same 799's and 243's. So the compression is created by the stroke.

I would suggest talking to an engine builder or checking the engine specs (available on-line).

Possible to do that and Personally, I would run a lower compression ratio and run the blower. Nothing beats being stroked and blown !:D :woohoo::woohoo:

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts