Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early 2002 envoy slt.

Hi my check engine light came on and at school i pluged it into the obdII and it said engine misfire and high fan speed.

I think i need and new fan clutch but have no idea what i could do fo engine misfire. Plugs maybe? There origanal plugs i know that. thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
How many miles? What was the code for the misfire? Need more info. Could be a plug or it could be a coil.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 134,000 on it. i dont remember the code. When i go back to school i can find out, all i have to is go to Last Vehicle. But is there a different code for each? How much would plugs or a new coil be? How hard is it to do a coil?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but I would suggest you taking your truck to the dealer at this point. Judging by the questions you are asking you don't seem to be mechanically inclined enough to properly diagnose this. Pay the $89 checkout fee and get it diagnosed properly. You will save yourself so much money and time doing it that way then just throwing parts at it (I can't tell you how many people I've seen will replace all 6 plugs and coils to fix a misfire). Since you're getting it scanned at school, you obviously don't own a scan tool, which you will need to diagnose a skip. That would be my advice.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
92 Posts
misfire

Easy place to start for misfire. Pull the coils and make sure they are all dry. There is a TSB on these trucks specifically the #4 coil which gets water dripped on it from the hood seal. I got a P0300 and coil #1 actually had some water in it. I am pretty sure it came from condensation off the AC line. Check all boots for evidence of arcing(white powder looking traces). Good luck.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
The plugs should be changed right away, even if it is a bad coil. You are at 134k miles on factory plugs, they should have been changed 34k miles ago. go with AC Delco Iridiums, they work the best with our engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts