Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These issues started Sunday morning. I had the trans not shifting issue on a road trip two months ago and a trans shop initially told me I needed a trans replacement, and then said it was actually an electrical problem caused by a bad ignition switch.
I thought it might be another bad ignition switch, so I replaced that and the problem is the same.
When I removed the cover and the ignition switch I did notice a crudely spliced yellow wire that was part of the wiring harness.
I can manually start moving in second gear and then shift to third using the automatic trans shifter. There does not seem to be any slipping.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
These issues started Sunday morning. I had the trans not shifting issue on a road trip two months ago and a trans shop initially told me I needed a trans replacement, and then said it was actually an electrical problem caused by a bad ignition switch.
I thought it might be another bad ignition switch, so I replaced that and the problem is the same.
When I removed the cover and the ignition switch I did notice a crudely spliced yellow wire that was part of the wiring harness.
I can manually start moving in second gear and then shift to third using the automatic trans shifter. There does not seem to be any slipping.
Check engine light produces what code ?

Crude splice sounds like a not so good mechanic, not factory stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts