Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 04 trailblazer with approx 92,000 miles on it and i've noticed sometimes while driving i can push the accelerator and the engine feels like its gonna stall and shut off but it never does. it almost seem like its not getting enough fuel. There are no vibrations or unusual noises coming from the engine, cranks just like it did the day i drove it off the lot, but i cant figure out what the problem could be.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
do you expeierence this at idle as well? have yu cleaned your throttle body lately?

also a poblem that we expierence is a clogged cat, from what it sounds like this might be yur problem, since it is at speeds...

search clogged cat and see if that sounds right

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I guess the most obvious things to do would be:
a. replace fuel filter if yours has the one that's outside the tank (in the tank models are a BIG PIA).
b. try cleaning the Throttle Body (do a search...there's a whole "how to" in the articles tab at the top of the screen.
c. since your getting close to 100k, new spark plugs might be in order too.
d. check to see if air filter is clean.
e. disconnect the battery for 30-45 min so computer resets (also, if you clean throttle body, disconnect while cleaning).
f. try running Seafoam through brake booster vacuum line...search for this will also tell you how.

EDIT: yes, as mentioned above, a clogged cat would be another place to look

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
3 things come to mind.
dirty throttle body....
dirty/clogged fuel filter.
clogged cat

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have never experienced this at idle. i've never cleaned the throttle bodies either. i bought it new in 04 and cause i'm always in my patrol car the truck is actually parked more than its driven. Thanks for the help fellas i'll be sure to follow up on all your suggestions.

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
Just remember all the help you're getting from Trailvoy members, especially when you're on patrol :D (where ?)

Try cleaning the throttle body first, I think you may have the filter intank though, not an easy task.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts