Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to get my oil changed. I currently have some 85,000 miles on my 2006 TrailBlazer ( which I love). He proceeds to tell me they are starting to see a lot of the TrailBlazers with the 4.2 engines in them having issues around 100,000 miles that require a total head replacement ( he says a $5-$8000 job)..

He tells me this as we were preparing for a 10hr drive pulling a 3500lb camper behind it. Has anyone heard of this issue? He says there is no recall but it is a known issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks , I updated, but in short, its a 2006 LS, 4.2.. approx 85,000 miles give or take a few. I havent seen any issues as of yet, but like I said, in 2 weeks we are about to drive about 10hrs on the 4th weekend and I certainly dont want to get stranded especially with 3 kids !

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
331 Posts
Head Replace 5k-8k

Well I can say my most outstanding feature so far is towing a trailer .Plently of power ,firm control ,smooth .Good mileage too.As far as head replacement haven't heard about this on 100k .I'm well past that.:yes:Springbuck

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
977 Posts
It just so happens that I got my 2005 TB out of the shop yesterday after having the head gasket replaced. It had 99,539 miles when I took it in. However, I take some of the responsibility for letting it overheat a couple of times when I was driving the Dubai sand dunes last season. :duh: I plan on doing a complete write-up after I get the TB detailed this weekend and get some good pics of the bumper and lift.

Long story short; gaskets (head, intake, exhaust) and head bolts (14 each) plus labor, 5090 AED ($1374.30). Rental of 2009 TB LS for 15 days, 4500 AED ($1215.00). Labor and parts here are less expensive than in the US. I compared several GM parts from Al Ghandi Chevrolet in Dubai against Comp Nine and found AGC to be about 25% less. And, before you ask, yes, these are the same genuine GM parts available in the US.

Ability to compare my 100,000 mile 2005 TB LS to a 3780 mile 2009 TB LS, priceless. My TB has a better ride, better handling, better acceleration, quieter interior, quieter engine noise and tinted windows.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
105 Posts
MY tb has a 171xxx miles and i have no issues with the motor not even a valve tick when cold. original motor and head, not to say yours will make it on your trip becasue you never know but i would trust mine to do it:yes: even with the high miles.

btw, its a 03 4.2liter 4x4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.